• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics Card Warranties (UK Only) - Let's see how good they really are!

Soldato
Something I updated a few days ago.

I've removed Sparkle from the list, they are now part of TUL Corporation, according to Sparkles website in Mandarin - any RMA's are dealt with through TUL. They only covered two years warranty, I doubt anyone in the UK has their GPU's.

Sparkle made Nvidia cards...

I had a Sparkle GTX660 which was a retailers own brand card.

Associate
Just to add a current experience from Gigabyte:

I raised an RMA on the 5th of October with Gigabyte, and have, after 12 days of stupid script based questions - despite giving clear indications to the problem, and all troubleshooting steps performed - been told to go back to my retailer! It was my retailer that told me to go straight to them in the first place.

I cannot recommend the Gigabyte RMA process in the slightest, and they don't deserve to be in the green section of the list. It's taken 3-4 days for each inane reply as well.
----------------------
Edit: I used the wrong route for returns - as per Disco_P's post below, just email that magic email address!

Last edited:
Associate
+1 for Gigabyte , i returned a faulty 290 windforce , sometimes it would be ok sometimes not , tested in multiple pc's , returned it and they couldn't replicate the issue , i explained the issues in depth and the ways i went to trouble shoot it, they agreed there must be an issue and replaced it with a 390 windforce.

Soldato
Any recent experiences returning ASUS cards to OcUK recently? My 2-3 month 980ti went back and arrived with OcUK on Saturday 8th October and a couple of days later I was advised the card was being returned to ASUS for repair/replacement which contradicts what this thread says about a 2-3 day turn around with OcUK regarding ASUS cards.

Might be due to the Ti reaching its end of life

Associate
How did you contact Gigabyte? In the past i have used [email protected] and replies have been under a couple of minutes.

YES! This is the correct answer! I've been slogging it out for weeks on e-Support, I emailed [email protected] and within 3 minutes got a reply! Card has now been sent off - will update when/if it is replaced.

My own fault - I went to: http://uk.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/technical-support.aspx - expecting this to be the correct route - NOPE! just send an email! I can confirm that their technical support, is however, completely useless!

Soldato
OP
YES! This is the correct answer! I've been slogging it out for weeks on e-Support, I emailed [email protected] and within 3 minutes got a reply! Card has now been sent off - will update when/if it is replaced.

My own fault - I went to: http://uk.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/technical-support.aspx - expecting this to be the correct route - NOPE! just send an email! I can confirm that their technical support, is however, completely useless!
Just spotted this, I'll change the front page so it links to [email protected]

Soldato
quick question, im looking to jump on the KFA2 1070 ti, though not sure where from yet as i dont qualify for free delivery, but their base is only 20miles up road, if i had an issue you reckon drop offs would be allowed, or would it strictly be post only, just wondered if anyone had any idea? thx in advance

Associate
Hm... Well... I've sent my KFA2 1070 for RMA on the 3rd of January. They received it confirmed the RMA on the 9th and said they sent it to KFA2.

While adding at the bottom it can take up to 28 days. I msged them and asked about the ETA got a canned response of "can take up to 28 days(lollearntoread)"

So here I am 2 weeks without my GPU. Really regretting getting it from OCUK rightttt about now.

Edit: Eventually I got a replacement on the 30th of Jan. It was a little frustrating but with the market as it is it was a big effort for KFA and OCUK to even get any 1070s for me. OCUK got me a different brand card as KFA didnt have any to give. What an adventure. Thanks for sorting this out guys.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Updated the front page.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Updated the front page.
Nice one mate. Good to have up to date info like this.

I recently had a nightmare with Palit and another retailer. Took about two months and the outcome was not even a replacement but a refund. Never buying Palit again. Will be sticking with one of the brands in the green list and as a retailer going forward it will either be from here or another huge retailer which have excellent customer service. The retailer you buy from is arguably more important than the brand imo.

Soldato
The retailer you buy from is arguably more important than the brand imo.

Indeed, this is very true especially at the consumer level. However, you can always help mitigate some of the shoddy customer service by purchasing these items with a credit card. I recently had a complete nightmare with John Lewis, taking over 4 months to resolve a simple issue with an electrical item, I ended up using the credit card company to resolve the issue. Since no matter which retailer you chose, they can always have a bad day/week/month and service is not something you can guarantee, say 2-3 years down the line when you need to use the warranty.

Soldato
for reference, just done an RMA with Asus from an MM purchase, was less then a 30 day turn around once easter and weekends were factored in, gave me a 1070 to replace a duff 980Ti :)

Soldato
Palit being 3 years might be wrong/regional. Gibbo said palit haven't said anything about the increase, but he will check and update if they confirm

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/31784087/

I've not seen anywhere in the UK list 3 either and the news is from start of the year, so would have thought places would update by now. Unless palit are just lazy and don't communicate at all.

OcUK Staff
Palit being 3 years might be wrong/regional. Gibbo said palit haven't said anything about the increase, but he will check and update if they confirm

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/31784087/

I've not seen anywhere in the UK list 3 either and the news is from start of the year, so would have thought places would update by now. Unless palit are just lazy and don't communicate at all.

UK Palit rep is telling me 2yr, so guess its a regional thing, I shall highlight it as an issue when I fly to Asia in a few weeks whilst drinking beers with them and offering to spend a few million with them to see if they want to make it 3yr in the UK too. :D

Soldato
Updated the front page.

Well you need to removed ASRock from the list as AMD banned ASRock to sell Phantom Gaming X graphics cards in Europe.

Ban on AMD: ASRock is not allowed to sell graphics cards in Europe
4/4/2018 5:06 pmFrank Hüber

With a lot of secrecy and good staging, ASRock announced its entry into the graphics card business at the end of March and intends to exclusively rely on graphics cards with AMD GPU. Nevertheless, AMD has banned the manufacturer from selling the new graphics cards in Europe, as is now known.

Tom's Hardware Germany had been able to test one of ASRock's new models, the ASRock RX 580 Phantom Gaming X, in advance, attesting that the manufacturer had a very successful debut. After the test, ASRock asked Tom's Hardware where the ASRock RX 580 Phantom Gaming X came from, not the manufacturer itself. ASRock's Senior Sales Manager also revealed that selling phantom gaming graphics cards in Europe is not possible, as AMD has not approved this release: " The problem for me is that AMD has not agreed to sell in EU, that is really a pity. "

Accordingly, AMD ASRock has banned the sale of the new graphics card range, which currently offers four models with the RX 580, RX 570, RX 560 and RX 550 with Polaris GPU, in Europe. The exact reasons why AMD ASRock does not allow the sale of AMD graphics cards in Europe have not been publicized so far. There may be contracts against other graphics card manufacturers, or one of them, after the announcement of ASRock, has successfully resisted an introduction to Europe and has persuaded AMD to make that concession.

Restriction so far not communicated

An announcement from ASRock on which markets the Radeon RX 500 series phantom gaming graphics cards will be available was not available in advance, nor are there limitations or any announcement that they will not be available in Europe. The advance notice and announcement was initiated by ASRock Japan. So far none of the new graphics cards from ASRock have been listed in the German trade.

https://www.computerbase.de/2018-05/asrock-phantom-gaming-verkauf-europa/

Back
Top Bottom