• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics Card Warranties (UK Only) - Let's see how good they really are!

Associate
How long do ocuk take to reply to a rma request?

I have put in a request for a new card I bought and have not heard anything in 3 days now, given I was originally sold a graphics card that didn't even exist (money taken and everything) and now this it's not really a good impression.

Man of Honour
AMD are not on the OPs chart. Where is their RMA office? Is their service any good?

Not sure about GPU, but AMD's CPU RMA service is pretty good, from the posts I've seen here and elsewhere.

It wasn't clear. Is the manufacturer AMD themselves? So back to them directly to RMA?

My understanding of this is:

MBA cards sold directly by AMD, in AMD packaging, are handled by AMD.

MBA cards sold through an AIB (e.g. Powercolor), in AIB packaging, are handled by the AIB (e.g. Powercolor), or by the retailer's usual RMA process.

MBA cards sold by a retailer, in AMD packaging, are handled by the retailer.

Associate
I have a reference AMD Radeon 6800 in a Powercolor box purchased from OCUK in Jan 2021, which I suspect is faulty. The warranty info on Powercolor's website is very vague and doesn't say a specific time frame (it still mentions Vega cards which is... not very encouraging). Am I SOOL?

Man of Honour
I have a reference AMD Radeon 6800 in a Powercolor box purchased from OCUK in Jan 2021, which I suspect is faulty. The warranty info on Powercolor's website is very vague and doesn't say a specific time frame (it still mentions Vega cards which is... not very encouraging). Am I SOOL?

From what I can retrieve with google, the old listing on OCUK says 2 years, so it looks like it's out of warranty.

Caporegime
I find it amusing how warranty duration differs from retailer to retailer for the same card.

Example, RX 7900 XTX Red Devil OC, on ocuk 3 year warranty, on a competitors site, 2 year warranty, on another competitors site a single year warranty...

I really don't get what's going on there, surely it should be the same across all 3?

Caporegime
Starting to see more and more places not listing warranty durations on cards. Surely this should be part of the listing as standard? Who wants to buy a card, have it go wrong after a year then get told 'tough titty it had a year warranty'.

Associate
Starting to see more and more places not listing warranty durations on cards. Surely this should be part of the listing as standard? Who wants to buy a card, have it go wrong after a year then get told 'tough titty it had a year warranty'.
It's 2 years minimum by law.

Soldato
OP
I've still got abit more to do yet, I've changed the web links at the bottom, so they are upto date.

Contact at ASRock will be changing soon.
Added live chat link details for Nvidia, easy to find on their website.
Added e-mail details for PNY.
Changed the details for EVGA RMA, its been Germany for quite a while now, no UK base.
Added e-mail details for Gainward.
KFA2, only details I could find for any address is via their Hong Kong head office, and their UK base in Wales shut down around 2014, I didn't even find a European address.

Back
Top Bottom