Graphics Welder

Soldato
OP
I understand. I went through my itx phase and I went back to a bigger PC (o11 dynamic) but I still have media pc i nr200p. There is something about the small form factor that is appealing.
Depending on the size of your room I understand how taking heat away from the PC can be beneficial but will that not hit you back in the summer?

You over-estimate the summers we have in the Highlands :D. I think (and hope) that the two T30 fans at the top of the case blowing down will be enough to cool inside the case. The radiator fans will run a bit higher to maintain a good water temperature, at least that's the theory. My last build had temperature sensors for the water temperature both in and out of the radiator so the delta could be obtained and acted upon, this build doesn't have that (only water temperature of the D5 Next reservoir) so a simple curve controller will be set up for the fans vs water temperature.

5 hour pressure test passed :).

embed

Soldato
OP
A quick mod to the repurposed ARGB strips from the Shift Evolv XT's infinity mirror, adding some magnetic tape to it so that it can be repositioned later to get the best lighting effect.

embed

embed

And the other one...

embed

Finished the final plumbing of the D5 Next Utilitube with a novel reverse S bend :).

embed

Finally have fluid going through the computer :D.

embed

embed

embed

embed

It'll be a while before all the micro-bubbles are out the system.

embed

Soldato
OP
It's alive!

embed

embed

embed

embed

I'm actually using it to post this :).

Temperatures are excellent from what I've tested so far, the 13700K hasn't gone above 80C and the 4090 hasn't exceeded 50C yet. The GPU core idles at 25C, that's with the fans of the radiator at a manual 7V (couldn't tolerate them at full speed, still waiting on the other fans) and the case fans at a whisper of 40%. That's with the chassis exposed as above, things may change once the rest of the case is fitted.

It'll be a while until all the bubbles have gone from the tubing and the GPU block, annoyingly.

I really need to tone down the lighting.

Associate
It's alive!

embed

embed

embed

embed

I'm actually using it to post this :).

Temperatures are excellent from what I've tested so far, the 13700K hasn't gone above 80C and the 4090 hasn't exceeded 50C yet. The GPU core idles at 25C, that's with the fans of the radiator at a manual 7V (couldn't tolerate them at full speed, still waiting on the other fans) and the case fans at a whisper of 40%. That's with the chassis exposed as above, things may change once the rest of the case is fitted.

It'll be a while until all the bubbles have gone from the tubing and the GPU block, annoyingly.

I really need to tone down the lighting.

Very nice mate. Looks really clean.

Soldato
OP
That looks absolutely stunning. Personally I think the lighting looks really good and I imagine with the side panels on it will tone it down a bit.

Thanks, a bit of toning down is what I'm hoping! See a few images below to see if it does...

Clean build mate, so very clean! Need to bring it to me for a photoshoot.

Thanks, although I'm not sure if you're serious but I'm probably a bit far away anyway! Some glamour shots would be cool, I'll see what I can do with my "proper" camera and use something to reduce the reflections.

Talking of said reflections, I had been mulling over solutions for mounting the clear acrylic panels that I had made. The acrylic is 3mm (too thin would flex too easily) and bending it to wrap around the sides like the existing mesh panels wouldn't have been possible, at least not accurately. More magnetic tape to the rescue!

embed

How about a nice cuppa' tea to give some scale and reflect for a bit.

embed

embed

embed

Nice, a bit stealthy. How about some lighting?!

CPU side:

embed

embed

GPU side:

embed

embed

Liking it so far, some experimentation on the right colour is needed though.

Unfortunately I couldn't show it with the front monitor panel switched on because the HDMI cable I have is too girthy and wouldn't sit right nor be routed easily. So a thinner HDMI cable is on order.

You might have noticed this power extension strip in one of the images earlier:

embed

This is a "One-Click" power extension that when a load is detected on the 'master' socket it turns on all the other 'slave' sockets and conversely it turns them off when no load is detected on the 'master' socket. I'm using it to turn on the PSU for the Utilitube/pump/fans of the Mo-Ra3 when the PC is turned on. I'll have other devices plugged in to it too such as monitor, amplifier and maybe desk lights.

Still on the to do list are those damn radiator fans, only two have arrived so far. They don't have daisy chainable connectors so a splitter is required to run all four from the D5 Next. I could cut and splice the cables as I did with the previous fans but nah, I'll keeps these as standard and just get a splitter.

embed

The specification for these fans:

embed

So close to being done...

Soldato
OP
Looks great makes me want to get back into watercooling.

Thanks, you should do it!

looks really nice mate. I like the one click power lead. Ideal for an external pump

Thanks, I used one of those as I didn't want to run power from the PC to the radiator.

Still deciding to have a USB cable between them (D5 Next controller) to monitor the radiator's fan and pump speeds.

Soldato
OP
yeah that would be handy I guess. Would that need to connect to an internal usb header ?

Not necessarily - as long as you wire the end of the cable with a USB 2.0 connector correctly it'll work with an external USB port.

I've used this in the past with other Aqua Computer devices when I wanted to connect it to update it's firmware but not leave it connected permanently.

Associate
Not necessarily - as long as you wire the end of the cable with a USB 2.0 connector correctly it'll work with an external USB port.

I've used this in the past with other Aqua Computer devices when I wanted to connect it to update it's firmware but not leave it connected permanently.
I was wondering if there were adaptors available

Soldato
OP
I was wondering if there were adaptors available

Ah, my misunderstanding. There are many adaptors available to change the header on the motherboard to a female USB (header usually has 2 USB connections) but I'm not so sure if there is an adaptor for the Aqua Computer cable. That would need to change it from the header connection to a male USB but would be a bit janky looking, much better to make your own and to the desired length.

Associate
Ah, my misunderstanding. There are many adaptors available to change the header on the motherboard to a female USB (header usually has 2 USB connections) but I'm not so sure if there is an adaptor for the Aqua Computer cable. That would need to change it from the header connection to a male USB but would be a bit janky looking, much better to make your own and to the desired length.

yeah I had a quick search and couldnt find one. Like you say it will look smarter making your own

Soldato
Thanks, a bit of toning down is what I'm hoping! See a few images below to see if it does...

Thanks, although I'm not sure if you're serious but I'm probably a bit far away anyway! Some glamour shots would be cool, I'll see what I can do with my "proper" camera and use something to reduce the reflections.

Talking of said reflections, I had been mulling over solutions for mounting the clear acrylic panels that I had made. The acrylic is 3mm (too thin would flex too easily) and bending it to wrap around the sides like the existing mesh panels wouldn't have been possible, at least not accurately. More magnetic tape to the rescue!

embed

How about a nice cuppa' tea to give some scale and reflect for a bit.

embed

embed

embed

Nice, a bit stealthy. How about some lighting?!

CPU side:

embed

embed

GPU side:

embed

embed

Liking it so far, some experimentation on the right colour is needed though.

Unfortunately I couldn't show it with the front monitor panel switched on because the HDMI cable I have is too girthy and wouldn't sit right nor be routed easily. So a thinner HDMI cable is on order.

You might have noticed this power extension strip in one of the images earlier:

embed

This is a "One-Click" power extension that when a load is detected on the 'master' socket it turns on all the other 'slave' sockets and conversely it turns them off when no load is detected on the 'master' socket. I'm using it to turn on the PSU for the Utilitube/pump/fans of the Mo-Ra3 when the PC is turned on. I'll have other devices plugged in to it too such as monitor, amplifier and maybe desk lights.

Still on the to do list are those damn radiator fans, only two have arrived so far. They don't have daisy chainable connectors so a splitter is required to run all four from the D5 Next. I could cut and splice the cables as I did with the previous fans but nah, I'll keeps these as standard and just get a splitter.

embed

The specification for these fans:

embed

So close to being done...

Absolutely serious! Im based in South Yorkshire so if you're close enough can definitely arrange something :D

Back
Top Bottom