Greenlizard0 Premier League & FA Cup QF Football Thread ** spoilers ** [16th - 17th March 2024]

Soldato
City winning anything means nothing to any rival club etc at this stage especially with the charges they have.

When we weren’t challenging last season I hoped arsenal did it but they fluffed the run in, if we drop off this year due to all these injuries then I hope arsenal do stop them.

Man of Honour
OP
100% getting knocked out by Coventry.

No clue why Chelsea are also getting written off, they raise their game against the big teams and have managed 2 draws against City in the league.

Caporegime
After the whole 'wow our kids' moment a few weeks ago. Danns not playing over Gakpo is brutal, would've won that game twice over without considering Gakpo's feelings

An English first back to back Treble coming up?
Going to be honest, I still go 'oh right yeah, they did that' every time someone brings up their treble

Its so inconsequential to anything interesting in football, it'll happen again and in reality anyone else winning the PL alone is actually of far more interest and importance to every other clubs fans lol

Last edited:
Soldato
I wonder if Amad took his shirt off to make a point about not playing enough? There was something in the press not long ago about him and his agent not being happy with ETH. Whilst it's a stupid rule, it's a rule that the ref has to apply as it stands.

Caporegime
I wonder if Amad took his shirt off to make a point about not playing enough? There was something in the press not long ago about him and his agent not being happy with ETH. Whilst it's a stupid rule, it's a rule that the ref has to apply as it stands.
That was exactly his thoughts after scoring a last minute extra time winner in the biggest fixture of english football :D

Caporegime
I don't see how they could possibly be connected.

Soldato
It’s weird why everyone views City’s achievements are irrelevant. I agree.

I think because there just isn’t any of their fans so I can’t wind anyone up. I’m guessing the next generation there will be a pile of them. You don’t really see many city fans in America/Asia.

Theyre creating their history now, maybe be different in 10-15 years?

Last edited:
Associate

I think because there just isn’t any of their fans so I can’t wind anyone up. I’m guessing the next generation there will be a pile of them. You don’t really see many city fans in America/Asia.

Depends what happens with the charges. Probably nothing major will but even a small points deduction, massive fine will taint every trophy win from when ever the charges started from. If its a major charge then there will be even less of them about.

Caporegime

There is no jeopardy in it that's why. I can walk into work and meet a Villa fan, Newcastle, Spurs etc but have met two City fans in my whole life. My year 6 teacher and a old work colleague. There is nothing to talk about with other people so when City win anything it is forgotten in an instant.

I know more fans of Championship clubs like Leeds, Middlesbrough, Wednesday etc.

Even my daughter is a United fan and the only City fans in her school are basically kids who parents don't like football.

Maybe City will be relevant in 15 years time but something that is artificial and hasn't been grown organically will be harder to keep up.

Associate
Still can't believe the ref booked Gomez for doing the exact same thing as Wan Bissaka, though I guess the one rolling around like a baby with draw the other to get booked

Soldato
Ya have to give a bit of credit to United in that game, that's the first game I think I've seen them produce some proper character in ages! I left it at 2-3 Liverpool, couldn't believe it when I saw the result

Soldato
Ya have to give a bit of credit to United in that game, that's the first game I think I've seen them produce some proper character in ages! I left it at 2-3 Liverpool, couldn't believe it when I saw the result
Thats all on us though, bar the opening 5 minutes and last 5 minutes of the 2nd half that was a shocking 2nd half display from them imo, I don't think they played that poorly even in the game at Anfield last season.

I'm still annoyed at that waste of space we brought on 2nd half, he should be ashamed at that display but it's par the course for him. 40 million on dross that should be playing in the championship.

Seems diaz and nunez night have picked up injuries :rolleyes:

Soldato
What a win going to have to watch the second half back and extra time as was at work and missed it.

It always takes two to tango so good game Liverpool took us all the way.

Also McTominaldo baby :cool:

I thought Mainoo was majestic today maybe Im tripping but never see him do that cut in move so much that he did today was cool to watch.

Just if we could show that energy every week, I dont think the Coventry game will be easy and I wouldnt be surprised to see Chelsea in the final.

Back
Top Bottom