Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [11th - 15th May 2024]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Premier League:
rCaaCWL.png

Info:

Associate
I think Liverpool will absolutely clean us out on Monday, especially if Tielemans is still injured. We're stretched so unbelievably thin and with it being Klopps last away game it could be a real bloodbath. Thank god the GD is relatively strong.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nervous/excited for the coming week.

Last home game this afternoon against Brighton has the potential to be a banana skin. They’ve had a poor April but they beat Villa in their last game, and they’ve been a bogey team for us in the past. But… our current form and home record suggests we can get a result.

Then Man U away on Wednesday could decide 6th place. Given our away form this season, and the fact we’ve never finished above Man U in the history of the EPL, you have a sense that it’s not going to go our way. But… Man U have been shocking recently so I’m hoping they play like they did against Palace.

Then next weekend, last game of the season away at Brentford. You would expect us to win that one but “there are no easy games in the Premier League”. I can’t imagine they would go into that game with any complacency, but I guess the next couple of games will dictate how important that result becomes in determining our chances of Europe next season.

HWTL!

Soldato
Nervous/excited for the coming week.

Last home game this afternoon against Brighton has the potential to be a banana skin. They’ve had a poor April but they beat Villa in their last game, and they’ve been a bogey team for us in the past. But… our current form and home record suggests we can get a result.

Then Man U away on Wednesday could decide 6th place. Given our away form this season, and the fact we’ve never finished above Man U in the history of the EPL, you have a sense that it’s not going to go our way. But… Man U have been shocking recently so I’m hoping they play like they did against Palace.

Then next weekend, last game of the season away at Brentford. You would expect us to win that one but “there are no easy games in the Premier League”. I can’t imagine they would go into that game with any complacency, but I guess the next couple of games will dictate how important that result becomes in determining our chances of Europe next season.

HWTL!
We’ve all got a bit carried away with the performances over the last few weeks but we’ve done really well since the turn of the year. Slightly worrying how bad we were at Palace and played just like that for first quarter hour against two soon to be relegated sides before finally snapping out of it and doing what we know we can. There’s only a handful of teams finished above Man utd in the premier league and most of them have ended up winning it so wouldn’t pay much attention to that stat. :D

Soldato
We’ve all got a bit carried away with the performances over the last few weeks but we’ve done really well since the turn of the year. Slightly worrying how bad we were at Palace and played just like that for first quarter hour against two soon to be relegated sides before finally snapping out of it and doing what we know we can. There’s only a handful of teams finished above Man utd in the premier league and most of them have ended up winning it so wouldn’t pay much attention to that stat. :D
Aye, we could be 2-0 before we start actually playing this afternoon if we’re not careful.

For me, being a young lad in the 1990s, Man U were always our biggest rivals in my eyes (for my dad it’s Liverpool, with Man U close behind). So as much as it’s a silly stat, and as much as they’ve underperformed this season, it will mean a lot to me if we manage it. :D

Man of Honour
So City charge to the top, 2pts clear, GD down to 2 less than Arsenal. As I guess, in our heads, we all knew they would. 4 in a row for them looks solid on. Theres always next season I guess but cant help feeling like it will be 5 in a row this time next year.

Caporegime
So City charge to the top, 2pts clear, GD down to 2 less than Arsenal. As I guess, in our heads, we all knew they would. 4 in a row for them looks solid on. Theres always next season I guess but cant help feeling like it will be 5 in a row this time next year.
They're in a similar position to us before we bought VVD and Alisson.

Neither of their keepers are up to much and they need a goalscorer. If they buy well in the summer, address their weaknesses and keep their squad together, I expect them to be even better next season.

Man of Honour
They're in a similar position to us before we bought VVD and Alisson.

Neither of their keepers are up to much and they need a goalscorer. If they buy well in the summer, address their weaknesses and keep their squad together, I expect them to be even better next season.
I do feel that Arsenal are the only team who might be capable of giving City a run next year but at the moment the City steam train doesnt show much in the way of slowing down unfortunately. At least on the plus side I think the top 4 fight next year will be a very exciting one with a good 6 or 7 teams involved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom