GT86/GR86/BRZ

Soldato
If its like the GT86, the UK spec cars already came with most of the options. There were only a couple of things other than gearbox and colour afaik.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey. According to the GR86 brochure, it seems like there were no optional extras available apart from paint colour and automatic gearbox. Is that correct?
Correct. There are some extra accessories available through dealers, such as the ducktail spoiler, but they weren't options at the point of buying the car.
You chose the transmission, colour, and that's it.

Soldato
Correct. There are some extra accessories available through dealers, such as the ducktail spoiler, but they weren't options at the point of buying the car.
You chose the transmission, colour, and that's it.

Thanks very much :) It’s nice to see that the main dealers aren’t really price gouging the second hand cars.

Caporegime
Do these gt86 / gr86 do high mileage or are they just like subarus where engine will struggle to get to or even pass 100k miles?

Well it wouldn't matter as you get 10 year warranty as long as service is all done by Toyota and kept up to date. We use ours every day but our journeys are quite short so just under 3k miles after 4 months so I will not be anywhere near 100k in 10 years anyway.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Thanks, looks like the GR86 isn't going to be around for long either which makes it more tempting

You cannot buy it anymore. All of the ones left are pre reg from cancelled orders. The total for the UK market is only 1000 from 2023 Q3 figures which is good because you gain a little bit of exclusivity for what is a truly fantastic car :) Residuals will also be good because of that. Not that it matters because I doubt I will be selling. It is truly a last of its kind car.

Chris Harris said it all really. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
You cannot buy it anymore. All of the ones left are pre reg from cancelled orders. The total for the UK market is only 1000 from 2023 Q3 figures which is good because you gain a little bit of exclusivity for what is a truly fantastic car :) Residuals will also be good because of that. Not that it matters because I doubt I will be selling. It is truly a last of its kind car.

Chris Harris said it all really. :)

This is part of the allure really.

I sold a Mégane RS300 Trophy last year. Similar tale, in that Renault stopped producing them. Held it's value and I sold it after 2 years for just shy of what I paid.

These will likely go up if anything, not ready just yet unfortunately.

Light blue is stunning, and white! Would be a tough call

mjt

mjt

Soldato
So is this thing really as amazing as everyone is making it out to be?
I'm dying to get something since I sold the Caterham almost a year ago, especially as the weather is finally improving.

I drove an GT86 years ago and ******* hated it. Judging by all the reviews I've read/watched, the GR has pretty much fixed all of the issues that I certainly had with them? (bouncy suspension, underpowered, naff interior - although being Japanese not sure that'll ever be fixed!)

Last edited:

mjt

mjt

Soldato
It was 10 years ago, so maybe my experience of various cars was limited, and I drove it 1200 miles in 2 days but I wasn't impressed.
Is this new one so amazing then or what? Planning on driving one next week, but would I be disappointed coming from a Caterham? I need a 2+2 so I can take both kids out, and the only other things that could work are things like a TTRS or Evora...

Caporegime
It was 10 years ago, so maybe my experience of various cars was limited, and I drove it 1200 miles in 2 days but I wasn't impressed.
Is this new one so amazing then or what? Planning on driving one next week, but would I be disappointed coming from a Caterham? I need a 2+2 so I can take both kids out, and the only other things that could work are things like a TTRS or Evora...

How tall are you? How big are your kids?

My four year old fits fine in the back with mother in the passenger seat. I am 6ft3 so anyone behind me other than a child is tight.

I have had 4 in the car with my 4 year old behind me but my driving position was a little compromised.

Reactions: mjt
Soldato
The back seats do seem to leave little to be desired but they also sound suitable enough in a pinch.

I enquired about one this week in that lovely light blue colour.

Back
Top Bottom