• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 680 Dirt 3 performance

Associate
OP
You do realize you've linked to a page where the i3 is besting the FX8 right?

AHAHAH christ so i have. Gotta love copying the wrong link and making a fool of yourself.
I've just emailed OCUK about returning the system. I ordered the system on the 30th and it arrived on the second but had to go back to them due to damage on the case. They wont count the 4 repair days as part of my DSR time limit will they?

Caporegime
I have no idea, if it's a full system, I doubt you can do a return.
But ideally you should have gotten an i5 over the FX8.
Not saying the FX8 is bad, but in gaming it's not as good as the Intel stuff.

But I'm still not 100% convinced on your Dirt 3 problems.

Soldato
In the hope that future games will be very threaded much like BF3 is
As much as we all like that to happen, unfortunately it simply won't with all the lazy console porting for games. Even for big titles such as Starcraft 2 and Skyrim, they don't scale too well beyond two cores neither.

Really glad that you will be able to return the system. The deliver cost is little, comparing to the amount of performance you not getting on the GTX680 by gaming on Bulldozer instead of i5.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Really appreciate the help guys, Im located in north wales :) Im pretty clued up when it comes to PC's but il be honest i've never built an entire system before! i've done allot of component upgrades etc but never a full system.

Back
Top Bottom