• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 680 Dirt 3 performance

Soldato
Now the big question! I5 or I7? fire away.
For gaming i5 is the way to go. The only different between i5 and i7 is that i7 has Hyper-threading...and as already mention most games uses less than even 4 cores, the Hyper-threading isn't really going to benefit considering you already got 4 physical cores that's fast enough (when overclocked) to keep up with the graphic card pretty much able to keep the frame rate up at 60fps+ (except for may be Shogun 2 with like hundreds of units on screen XD).

This might give you some idea:
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cpus/2012/05/01/intel-core-i5-3570k-cpu-review/6

However you would probably have to decide whether to go with i5 2500K or i5 3570K. While there's no doubt the i5 3570K is faster than the i5 2500K, but it also run quite a bit hotter due to the design of it not as effectively getting the heat away from the chip. Either way, you will need a decent CPU cooler for overclocking. For the i5 2500K you can get away with a £25 range CPU cooler, but for the i5 3570K, you'd probably have to look at investing in a beefier cooler in the £40~£50 range.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom