• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***GTX 780 Ti Owners Thread***

Soldato
Morning Greg :)

Bit of both to be honest, its rare a game grabs me only ones I can think of late are Tomb Raider and Bioshock the benching is kind of interesting though I still have not completely mastered cpu overclocking :o which is probably what holds me back

Caporegime
Morning Greg :)

Bit of both to be honest, its rare a game grabs me only ones I can think of late are Tomb Raider and Bioshock the benching is kind of interesting though I still have not completely mastered cpu overclocking :o which is probably what holds me back

Morning T.

Bioshock and Tomb Raider are the only games I have completed more than once. I find it hard to get a game that grips me now.

What cpu bud?

Soldato
Ahh therein lies the rub.

Decided to dismantle my 900d build as I had started to resent the amount of space it was taking up and got a 4930k, then changed my mind again and decided to just go for 2 2500k/2600k z68 setups in carbide 540 cases.
With classifieds sets to be around £650 I had to trim down somewhere to be able to afford em.
I think of the cpus I have had and looking back I the 3930k was the easiest to deal with I regret selling that now

Caporegime
Ahh therein lies the rub.

Decided to dismantle my 900d build as I had started to resent the amount of space it was taking up and got a 4930k, then changed my mind again and decided to just go for 2 2500k/2600k z68 setups in carbide 540 cases.
With classifieds sets to be around £650 I had to trim down somewhere to be able to afford em.
I think of the cpus I have had and looking back I the 3930k was the easiest to deal with I regret selling that now

Yer, the 3930K is the one chip I am glad I bought. So easy to oc and has never caused me any grief (touch wood).

Soldato
If you're into benching I'd definitely wait for the classys. Still not sure what the crack is with the voltage side of things on the reference cards. Can't seem to maintain voltage on anything other than skyn3t BIOS.

Associate
OP
I couldn't get the voltage to stick on my EVGA SC either Frosty.

I didn't notice a blind bit of difference in core clock increase either.

I suspect from precision X my card was hitting the power target limit long before the voltage was needed to boost beyond a clock where stock voltage wouldn't be enough.

So pushing extra volts wasn't returning any gain at all because the power target limit was overriding. Even if I set preference temp the power target flag is kicking in on precision X.

Be interested to see if you get the same results and I suspect you will. Really we need a bios that has an increased power target limit that will override the 275W on the card.

Pretty sure the card and the cooler could handle 300W no problem and with the power balancing the board would too.

Soldato
OSD was showing power target at 100-102% whilst the voltage stuck at 1.112v. So unless it's a miss reading. Either way agreed, think we need a new BIOS. Seriously considering just sending them back and waiting for the Classys.

Soldato
Still not sure what the crack is with the voltage side of things on the reference cards. Can't seem to maintain voltage on anything other than skyn3t BIOS.

You won't do without a bios flash. on the 780s too it fluctuates all over the place. Part and parcel of GPU Boost 2.0. Don't know what the Titans were like but one of the first things I did on my 780 was stick the boost disabling 1.212V bios on it.

Really helps with stability at the high end of the OC scale.

Soldato
Mine never got close to 1.2V pre bios flash. It would alternate between 1.187 and 1.174V and sometimes a notch further. As soon as that voltage drops and your clock speed doesn't drop enough to counter, then it crashes due to OC instability.

Not just temps cause it either. I couldn't get my head fully round it. I had a full blow on it and still would fluctuate that mad. Then I flashed the bios :D.

Soldato
I think that's the only way to go :).

On the Titans though you could use K-Boost to fix the voltage. That doesn't seem to be the case at the moment, so will wait for an official response from EVGA. Or at least somebody, as it's not just EVGA cards. They're trying to tell me it could be my power supply at the moment. Even with one card...

1500W for one 780Ti is quite enough for a little overclock me thinks????? :D

On the upside the memory scaling is amazing. Managed benches at 480Mhz offset :)

Last edited:
Soldato
For those who've yet to find it or are interested:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1438886/official-nvidia-gtx-780-ti-owners-club

Skyn3t BIOS
Nvidia GTX 780 Ti
Version 80.80.30.00.80
Base core clock 1045Mhz
Disabled boost
3d voltage adjustable
1.212v unlocked
Fan Idle 20%
Fan bumped to 100%
Default power target 100% 300w by 200% slide 600w >>Evga Precision X
Default power target 100% 300w by 300% slide 600w>> Msi AfterBurner

Associate
Got 2 Gigabyte 780Ti today and was not expecting this on stock voltage. 1130/1812

Memory only increased 1 point per 100Mhz and core peeked out above 1130Mhz. What these will be like voltage unlocked and none reference will be amazing. At the moment if I enable the over volt they just seem to throttle back.

One note is that been as though some Gigabytes Motherboards are orange why did they put green led on top, they should make a orange one my kit looks crap now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom