• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***GTX 780 Ti Owners Thread***

Associate
OP
My 780Ti Superclock only manages about +75mhz and +300mhz on the memory.

Gives roughly 1152/7.7Ghz

Cards seems to hit the power target limit well before anything else. Adding +75mv doesn't seem to stabilise a higher overclock either though it is hard to say with precision X.

I might try switching Kboost on and try that way.

Associate
OP
Managed to get my overclock to settle at

100mhz core
400mhz memory on stock volts

Had to use a custom fan curve starting at 50% though.

This yields a boost of about 1200mhz core continuous in BF4 multiplayer.

Associate
OP
Where can we get the classified tool from, Not on the EVGA site.

And what are the different sliders for ? It has NVVDD, FBVDD and PEXVDD ?

Good questions!

However overvolting the GPU if it is hitting the power target limit isn't going to help infact it will just reach that limit sooner.

There's also an argument to say down clocking the memory to reduce power consumption by the memory can free more core headroom. Not sure how accurate that is.

What we need is an unlocked power target bios.

Associate
OP
I think the reference cooler does a pretty good job but replacing it with more surface area and bigger fans will make it quieter and more efficient. That all stands to reason.

Associate
OP
Nothing amazing but seeing as it's an owners thread. Here's mine :)

5jwn.jpg

How does the reference cooler cope with that card spacing you have there Frosty?

Seeing lower clocks on the upper two cards? Guessing the middle one is having a really hard time getting heat from both sides.

Associate
OP
I couldn't get the voltage to stick on my EVGA SC either Frosty.

I didn't notice a blind bit of difference in core clock increase either.

I suspect from precision X my card was hitting the power target limit long before the voltage was needed to boost beyond a clock where stock voltage wouldn't be enough.

So pushing extra volts wasn't returning any gain at all because the power target limit was overriding. Even if I set preference temp the power target flag is kicking in on precision X.

Be interested to see if you get the same results and I suspect you will. Really we need a bios that has an increased power target limit that will override the 275W on the card.

Pretty sure the card and the cooler could handle 300W no problem and with the power balancing the board would too.

Associate
OP
Tempted to try and WC to see if cooling the VRM's down unleash some more power - cooler VRM's have to be more efficent so we can stay within the power target.

Associate
OP
How so?

People are already hitting 1300Mhz on the stock air cooler, read this thread, we also managed an easy 1284MHz core 24/7 stable.

I agree with Frosty on this tends to be coming from Gigabyte reference cards.

I have to say that unless EVGA precision X is miss reporting my values the power target flag is kicking in 90% of the time long before the voltage cap or overvolt cap.

Heck we can't even get the overvoltage to stick even when using K boost to cap the voltage and remove boosting.

I'd rather keep the boost so that my card can idle at a nice level.

To me the most overclocking for my card came from using a modified fan curve and keeping things cooler.

Memory caps out at +350mhz for me and I just can't push 400 or more without getting lovely flashy green blocks.

Now granted I may well have lost the silicon lottery as it were and that's fair enough but a few others in this thread are hitting a wall around 1200-1250mhz.

Associate
OP
I think you are right frosty nothing from EVGA. Honestly I feel my card is being artificially held back by this power limit. The card does boost higher bins on stock without extra volts when under the power limit. I think the power limit was set low to give board partners something to move in to with custom pcbs. This will all be proven when a modified power target bios appears.

Back
Top Bottom