• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX1050 to be launched in October

bru

bru

Soldato
Rumours abound that the AIB top end board will clock to 2GHz, which would kinda point to the way Pascal has been designed allowing the really high clocks, in in reference to AMD Polaris not clocking as much, Just down to the tolerances in the design I guess.

Associate
Rumours abound that the AIB top end board will clock to 2GHz, which would kinda point to the way Pascal has been designed allowing the really high clocks, in in reference to AMD Polaris not clocking as much, Just down to the tolerances in the design I guess.

They might not manage that if the AIBs don't have 6-pins.

But hopefully reviews will be out very shortly now.

Soldato
Reviewers should be comparing these cards to cards like the GTX 460, but as usual they dont tend to compare to much else other than cards in the same gen or maybe one gen old.

But from what I can see this is more powerful than a GTX460, using much less power and more vram, so was thinking I would snap one up to go in my backup system and replace the GTX460 in it.

This was assuming prices would be sensible maybe around the £100 mark for the 1050 and £120 or so for the TI. But it seems nvidia and its partners have their own version of the exchange rate as usual and this is heading for a 1:1 pricing against the us dollar, which will stop me buying one at least from a uk retailer.

Associate
I'm currently rocking a 670 lightning edition, I was looking for a new card around the £100 mark. Will 1050/1050ti be a worthy upgrade, or am I best holding out for another year.

I play 1080p and mostly just eve :)

Soldato
Assuming it's around the same power as a 960, it's not going to be much of an upgrade over a 670, VRAM and power consumption aside.

Soldato
Can anyone tell me how this will fare against a R290? I've been with AMD/ATI since the 9700 Pro days but cba anymore. I am not a fan of their drivers and have had too many streaming (lots of dropped fps) and gaming microstutter issues with this card and have been cash strapped due to a flaming wedding! Definitely switching to the other side for my next GPU though.

Soldato
Can anyone tell me how this will fare against a R290? I've been with AMD/ATI since the 9700 Pro days but cba anymore. I am not a fan of their drivers and have had too many streaming (lots of dropped fps) and gaming microstutter issues with this card and have been cash strapped due to a flaming wedding! Definitely switching to the other side for my next GPU though.

We already seen GTX 1050 Ti 3DMark Firestrike Extreme graphics score about 15-20% faster than GTX 960. Then apply that to games that give you good idea how it would performed in games benchmarks.

OlzwNkF.jpg

GTX 960 is only 1 fps slower than R9 290 in Rise of Tomb Raider so we already knew that GTX 1050 Ti will be faster than GTX 960 and the performance will be somewhere between GTX 960 and GTX 970. GTX 1050 Ti would probably around between 43-45 fps in that game. There are many games like GTA V and others I can think where GTX 960 are closer to R9 290 that GTX 1050 Ti will easy have no problem outperformed it at stock clock. Saw 1 benchmark showed GTX 1050 Ti reached 1.9GHz clock on Samsung 14nm chip but can it go beyond 2GHz and within reach 2.5GHz? We will have to wait and see reviews soon. :)

Caporegime

Not well at all, ignore the Nvidia sales pitch from AthlonXP1800 he trying to normalise an extreme to sell you the card, replace the 290 with a 1050TI and you will take a hit in performance, even a 1060 which is much faster is a side grade.

At the least you should look for a used GTX 980.

Back
Top Bottom