• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gtx770 on i5 2500k stuttering laggy

Soldato
According to SOME, your cpu will be unparked if C6 power management is disabled in bios.

There's just too many variables and opinions, I haven't myself needed to use a utility at all, parked or unparked. Also related to ashmanuk67 we maybe taking his issue off course that isn't related to his problem :)
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/member.php?u=60739

C6 and all cpu power settings enabled in my Bios ;)

See screenshot, has you can see the Core parking program is reading Parked but this isn't the truth as windows is showing.
From the core parked program you can see I have two power profiles.
2v8pphh.png
[/IMG]

Caporegime
Parked
Clipboard02.jpg
Unparked
Clipboard04.jpg

Doing exactly the same thing in windows as to be as accurate as possible.

I have most Power Settings in bios enabled as I do want the speed and volts to drop, I'll have to see what exactly I have disabled. It's been a year!

Anyhoo I'm not posting anymore as I'm taking this posters thread WAY WAY off track, the thing with Core Parking is it's one of those marmite subjects which I'm not fond of lol

Soldato
Parked
Clipboard02.jpg
Unparked
Clipboard04.jpg

Doing exactly the same thing in windows as to be as accurate as possible.

I have most Power Settings in bios enabled as I do want the speed and volts to drop, I'll have to see what exactly I have disabled. It's been a year!

Anyhoo I'm not posting anymore as I'm taking this posters thread WAY WAY off track, the thing with Core Parking is it's one of those marmite subjects which I'm not fond of lol

You showing two side by side yet both are disabled ;)

If the CPU was parked it would say so
see this link
http://blog.glo-net.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Parked-CPU-Earth.png

Associate
OP
Please guys don't mind me I love to learn new things ;)

Regarding the renderperfvisiable 1 or what ever it is :) my GPU and CPU are very close together though the CPU does spike more than the GPU, so is this good??

Caporegime
Please guys don't mind me I love to learn new things ;)

Regarding the renderperfvisiable 1 or what ever it is :) my GPU and CPU are very close together though the CPU does spike more than the GPU, so is this good??

Sounds fine. How is performance?

Tried it for Azadi Palace - CPU line waaay below the GPU line.

Not a very demanding map, close quarters. You would be better off trying in worst case scenario. 64 man firestorm, caspian etc.

How was performance? Smooth?

Associate
Not a very demanding map, close quarters. You would be better off trying in worst case scenario. 64 man firestorm, caspian etc.

How was performance? Smooth?

Caspian had CPU below GPU mostly. Towards the end of the match, CPU and GPU closely followed eachother.

Performance smooth-ish. Some wierd artifacts with my GFX.

Caporegime
Caspian had CPU below GPU mostly. Towards the end of the match, CPU and GPU closely followed eachother.

Performance smooth-ish. Some wierd artifacts with my GFX.

Bizarre with my 2700k the cpu line is always above the gpu's. Clocked at 4.8ghz.

What are your specs again? You ain't using those dodgy Nvidia drivers are you? Don't know the number but one set was bad.

Caporegime
What are your specs again? You ain't using those dodgy Nvidia drivers are you? Don't know the number but one set was bad.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...xx-display-driver-stability-feedback-thread-/

Most people I know with issues regarding the 32' drivers have gone back to the 314.22. I know that the 327.24 is awesome on my 660GTX however every other driver on my GTX 560 TI was *Censored* apart from that 314.22. Some people have had issues with BF3 that was fixed going back to the 314's

Associate
Bizarre with my 2700k the cpu line is always above the gpu's. Clocked at 4.8ghz.

I am running 680 SLI at 2560x1440, latest Nvidia drivers.

I am also at stock clocks for the 2600k, so your +1 GHz clock difference probably accounts for that right?

Tried Gulf of Oman next - same thing. Yellow is consistently below green

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Hi LtMatt, my CPU and GPU are very close together and low down the bar graph, the CPU does spike and jump around a lot more.
Answer to your question is the game does run smooth over 90% of the time which I think should be expected, we'll the 10% that is ;)

Reading up on the render.perfoverlayvisible 1 I'm actually quite impressed with my i5 2500k :) but I think I would like the extra threads of an i7 26/2700

Caporegime
Hi LtMatt, my CPU and GPU are very close together and low down the bar graph, the CPU does spike and jump around a lot more.
Answer to your question is the game does run smooth over 90% of the time which I think should be expected, we'll the 10% that is ;)

Reading up on the render.perfoverlayvisible 1 I'm actually quite impressed with my i5 2500k :) but I think I would like the extra threads of an i7 26/2700

Try finding a 64 man busy server. Caspian, firestorm. Leave the base of either side and drive out until you can see all the other flags. Check your gpu usage. If your gpu's are not sitting constantly at 90-99% then you know you're being cpu bottlenecked in bf3. I see it even with an i7 so i can only imagine how bad it is with 4 less threads.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
We'll funny you say that :) I never get 99-100% usage anyways, when I run GPU-z I set GPU to average and on both cards are around 50-68% usage.
So looks like I really do need an i7

Back
Top Bottom