Guys - What fragrance/aftershave/whatever do you wear?

Soldato
I use AllBeauty a lot, but The Perfume Shop do have better deals on certain items occasionally. You can find Creed in store at Selfridges/JL to test it though.

TS7

TS7

Soldato
Got a couple of new Creeds for Christmas!

Virgin Island Water and Himalaya

Also got a few Creed sample vials in the bag which are very nice!

Anyone else get anything new for Christmas?

Oooh nice - VIW smells divine, it does encompass summer in a bottle. I've decided to wait nearer to summer before treating myself to a bottle.

As has been said before, Creed Aventus is a wonderful scent. I've heard a lot about the batch variations but I've been fortunate and got a good one; I wore it on the weekend and I was still getting wafts of it the next day.

My current favourites which are getting the most use are:

- Bleu de Chanel
- Chanel Allure Homme
- Prada Luna Rossa
- Prada Amber Pour Homme
- Rochas Man

I ordered YSL L'Homme and Armani Code earlier today - I know that latter is very common, but I like it so I thought what the hey.

I think the only two I want and I'll be completely content with my collection are Dior Homme Intense and Chanel Allure Edition Blanche.

Last edited:

TS7

TS7

Soldato
Creed is awesome. Love aventus and also Tom Ford Oud Wood from his private blend.

I had a ball a few weeks ago in Harrods sampling through Tom Ford 'Private Blend'. In terms of scent, I like a number of them however I don't think there were any I would actually want to wear.

I also sampled a number of Penhaligons which are right up my street; I liked quite a few from that house.

Where do you lot get yours from? Do you recommend places like 'The Perfume Shop' and then source online or is it the same anywhere?

You'll find Creed on display in John Lewis and Fenwick (not sure if all do).

I use allbeauty quite a lot - very reasonably priced.

Associate
5f2t.jpg

my aftershave shelf.

Soldato
John Lewis or Selfridges are best up north for scents. You have to try them on your skin where you would normally apply it, don't spray on wrists and rub together as this bruises the scent. Then wait a while after spraying to see how the scent develops on you. It will smell quite different than the initial application. And get others to smell it on you as your sense will become muted to it. If you are going to spend over a ton on EDP then it's worth doing.

Once your find one that works for you, shop around to get best price. I fancy some of the Montblanc Legend next as a day to day EDT, it's lovely stuff.

Soldato
John Lewis or Selfridges are best up north for scents. You have to try them on your skin where you would normally apply it, don't spray on wrists and rub together as this bruises the scent. Then wait a while after spraying to see how the scent develops on you. It will smell quite different than the initial application. And get others to smell it on you as your sense will become muted to it. If you are going to spend over a ton on EDP then it's worth doing.

Once your find one that works for you, shop around to get best price. I fancy some of the Montblanc Legend next as a day to day EDT, it's lovely stuff.
Mont Blanc Legend is one I've just been looking at, £28 for 100ml as a day to day is a great deal. Not smelt it before though, might just order as it's a v good price for a daily.

Soldato

Yeah I asked for some for Xmas, I sent Syke the link :p It's nice stuff, I like the bottle too :o

Need to get some more Rochas Homme and Gucci Pour Homme II as well, I like both and ran out a while ago.

Back
Top Bottom