Hades

Associate
Mouse and keyboard worked best for me, such an addictive game though, i think its GOTY for me although im a bit burnt out from it after trying to get all of the hidden aspects, it got a bit annoying. Had some awsome builds, the variation of techniques is brilliant.

I think the most important keepsake is that one that gives health from pots occasionally until you get used to it and power up.

Soldato
I'm playing on and off. It's not too bad at all. Any ideas how long it is?
It takes 10 clears to get to the credits.
First clear you unlock challenge runs which then allow you to get more mats to unlock/rank companions or new weapon features.

So even after 10 full clears there's still a lot to do to fully complete.
My best advice for anyone starting out is to get the Athena Keepsake as soon as you can and use it to guarantee Athena boon as a first drop and get dash-deflect.

Last edited:
Soldato
I’m still struggling to get past the Minotaur duo in Elysium at the moment. Had my best run with the gun and got Minotaur down but the other chap with the shield I only got to about 50%. :(

I think the fist weapons are my favourite so far with the bow coming last.

Associate
Took me a few tries on that boss too but once you get used to the tactics it becomes ok.

I basically just focus on dodging the arrows while draging the minotaur around, and dash hitting/cast until he dies. Then with the other guy i just hide behind the closest pillar until he fires and then when he turns, unload on him and get behind a pillar again before he fires. Just repeat and avoid the powers he uses below 50% as much as possible.

I think if you defeat the minotaur mini boss earlier then he has less health in the main fight too.

Soldato
Awesome thanks. I should use the pillars more for sure. I’m still in the “Waaaahhhh Smmasshhh, Oouwwwwweeee, WTF just happened?!?” Phase, so I should probably take my time more :D

Permabanned
It takes 10 clears to get to the credits.
First clear you unlock challenge runs which then allow you to get more mats to unlock/rank companions or new weapon features.

So even after 10 full clears there's still a lot to do to fully complete.
My best advice for anyone starting out is to get the Athena Keepsake as soon as you can and use it to guarantee Athena boon as a first drop and get dash-deflect.

Good to know. Have you tried the 1% damage increase for each chamber cleared undamaged? I'm using the one that has damage reduction to you at the front, more from backstab.

Associate
I’m still struggling to get past the Minotaur duo in Elysium at the moment. Had my best run with the gun and got Minotaur down but the other chap with the shield I only got to about 50%. :(

I think the fist weapons are my favourite so far with the bow coming last.
I finally beat them last week thinking they were the last boss. I had the most ridiculous setup where I could just hammer every button and win any fight, but still got ruined by the poison enemies in the next zone because I had no idea how to stop my health draining

Soldato
Picked this up with the EGS voucher the other day. Enjoying it, very polished and nice art, characters and sound. Roguelikes are all a bit samey but I like how relatively un-punishing this one is....you can happily just blast away at it and still feel like you're getting somewhere....using the bow at the moment, need to unlock some more.

Soldato
Trying to avoid any spoilers - I got outside for the first time recently (about playthrough 20) and have just beaten the thing that meets you there at playthrough 25.
The poison enemies are indeed an absolute pain. On this playthrough though I beat them easily by having a lot of deflect powers. At the start of the fight I found a corner to get into, and then kept them at bay with deflecting casts and attacks. It got complicated when I had them and the laser crystal things together, but I just about managed.
Getting this far has answered my question about how I'm supposed to level up my weapons when you can only get one titan's blood per weapon normally.

Permabanned
Trying to avoid any spoilers - I got outside for the first time recently (about playthrough 20) and have just beaten the thing that meets you there at playthrough 25.

Similar to you, just finished on #24. Still keen to keep playing. This was my 5th try at the end boss I think.
Ekaindp.png [/IMG]

Soldato
I've beat the final boss twice now.

Interestingly, with what I would have described as my two least favourite weapons - the spear and the bow. (I don't pick which weapon to use each time, I let the game do that - I go for whichever one has Dark Thirst.)

Goes to show that the modifiers you get are more important!

On one play through I got a lot of deflect, on the other a lot of push back skills. I think the important thing in both cases was the ability to leave a lot of DoT on that last boss - and the ability to blow through all the poison enemies on the surface quickly without them hitting me.

Soldato
Just picked this up, apparently has lots to collect and upgrade which I love in any game. Coming from over 1,500 hours on Binding Of Isaac Rebirth, I should enjoy this.

Associate
I'm surprised that this thread hasn't seen more traffic due to the quality and popularity of the game. I suppose it's because people are caught in its trap.

Just... one... more... go...

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom