Half Life 2 - Rock 24 SP Mod

Soldato
OP
mark1 said:
Good job. It seems great so far. I haven't got that far though because i don't have a HUD. Am i meant to have one as i seem to die and yet i can't see how much health i have left.

I liked the little puzzle in the jail cell btw. I was stuck there for ages wondering wtf to do :p And also the name of the scientist 'Richard Newell' made me chuckle :D

You need to go find your HEV suit, it's in a room that's activated by flipping a switch near the combine toilets.

Soldato
Mint_Sauce said:
You need to go find your HEV suit, it's in a room that's activated by flipping a switch near the combine toilets.
Ah thanks for that. I'm a bit clogged up with exams at the moment but i'll find some time to finish it a little later. I have to say, having played other singleplayer mods, i think you've done well to give it a proper storyline.

Nice to see that things are going well for you and you're getting proper recognition :)

Soldato
Help. I can't get it to work. After installing I restart steam but its not showing up in My Games list. I have all Half Life games installed already and they show up in steam. I did a search for Rock 24 on my machine and it came back with nothing. Could the fact that I have Steam installed on a different partition be the problem?

EDIT: I got it to work by downloading the zip version instead

Great mod! A few bugs here and there but overall its very good. One criticism though, The woman that you rescue, her acting was a bit poor

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
haha, sorry about Lauras acting! We did have a proper voice actor for that part but she never got back to us. We had to use my girlfriend and it was her first attempt at voice acting plus I didn't have a proper mic at home. I tried to fiddle with it in soundforge but it was never going to sound brilliant. :D

Thanks for all the feedback and votes, really appreciated!!

Associate
Found it good accept for one problem (not sure if its just to do with the mod or a general problem to do with my hl2) Basically on the breakout level i lured a black zombie into one of those grabber tentacle things and it crashed ? :confused:
Other then that it was great :)

Associate
Thanks guys, the green shadows is a bit of an issue, i was unsure as to why that was happening. Should probably add it to the wiki bugs :) The black headcrab being eaten by the barnalce should work alright, i did it a lot during development but never got a crash. Wonder why that's happening.

Caporegime
SmokersCough said:
Thanks guys, the green shadows is a bit of an issue, i was unsure as to why that was happening. Should probably add it to the wiki bugs :) The black headcrab being eaten by the barnalce should work alright, i did it a lot during development but never got a crash. Wonder why that's happening.

Thank god for that, i thought my card was on its way out. :D

Soldato
OP
We have just been contacted by PC Games and PC Action over in Germany, looks like Rock 24 will be on cover disks over there, wohoo!

Come on PC Gamer UK... You know you want too, that would be jackpot for me having read it since being a kid. :D

Associate
I reinstalled HL2 especially to play this and i wasn't disappointed.

Just finished it, great, I thoroughly enjoyed it, I got green shadows but what the hay !!
LOL at the crate full of PSP's at the end.

:D

Look forward to the next one ...........

Back
Top Bottom