Half Life 2 - Rock 24 SP Mod

Associate
Mint_Sauce said:
I do work at Eidos Interactive but Rock 24 is in no way affiliated with them. It was a personal project done in our spare time. :)

Don't worry mate, I'm an ex-Eidos employee, I'm sitting in a room with a number of other ex-Eidos staff :)

Believe a certain Andrew Brown did a texture or two for your game :)

Soldato
OP
Aaah cool, Andy contributed to Richards original jump suit, he made one of the Valve citizen skins orange and added rock 24 text to the breast. We liked the colour he chose so I took that along with the front logo and created the skin we have now adding text, blood and dirtying it right up, adding details so it fitted right in with the prison environment we had created.

He is on our credits as a special thanks. :)

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Rock_24#Credits

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
pmbuzz said:
I reinstalled HL2 especially to play this and i wasn't disappointed.

Just finished it, great, I thoroughly enjoyed it, I got green shadows but what the hay !!
LOL at the crate full of PSP's at the end.

:D

Look forward to the next one ...........

Thanks pmbuzz, glad you enjoyed it! :D

Associate
wow guys not even halfway yet but this is awesome! thanks for all the hardwork you put in, its easily as good as the main game singleplayer! love the level design and the thought in producing an original storyline!

thanks for sharing this with us!

Soldato
Anyone wanna give me a hand here? after you break out the jail cell and you deactivate the sentry guns the camera moves to some combine who walks through a door. Where do you go from there? been stuck for the last 45 minutes trying to figure it out.

Associate
Hi guys,
Under the bridge that the guard walks across there are two doors, i only made the left hand door useable (press use to open) sorry i should have really made them both but i remember i was having an issue that was easily resolved by making only one door open.

As for the crashes i have heard only two people say this, i personally never got any. What area's is it happening in?

Oh and thanks for the kind comments guys i'm really happy you enjoyed it.

Soldato
Wish I could get this to install. It claimed the first time to have done it, but its not there. Subsequent attempts have it skipping the files on install but a full search of my hard disk comes up blank for any of them.
The only thing I'm thinking is maybe it has something to do with Steam being on my D drive?

I'll grab the zip and do it manually.

Soldato
Garp said:
Wish I could get this to install. It claimed the first time to have done it, but its not there. Subsequent attempts have it skipping the files on install but a full search of my hard disk comes up blank for any of them.
The only thing I'm thinking is maybe it has something to do with Steam being on my D drive?

I'll grab the zip and do it manually.

I had the same problem. get the zipped version. it works

Soldato
Drizmod said:
I had the same problem. get the zipped version. it works

I sussed it. Its because I'm lazy and hadn't actually installed Steam under this windows install, I'd just run steam out of the folder :)
Installed steam off the dvd and then it worked fine.

Soldato
I was playing this again last night and it was getting pretty lively.

Not bad, only thing is it freezes when loading up the next section and loops whichever sound effect was playing at the time for a few minutes. Im on a very low spec machine so this stands out more for me prehaps.

Soldato
OP
hehe, yeah - sorry about that. We weren't too hot on the optimizing. When we were building the areas we didn't know how to properly optimize them, then when we had finished them - our understanding of optimization was good but at that point it was too late! Sorry! :)

Luckily we can be slack and rely on a good proportion of HL2 gamers who would download a mod, to have good spec machines so in that respect we kind of got away with it for the most part. ;)

Next mod will be planned with optimization well in mind from the beginning!

Soldato
One bug seemed to hit me. After I got blown off the ship at the start it did a whole "loading" message, and the screen just remained black. Nothing happened, no controls, nada. In the end I had to start a new game at the 2nd chapter (starting in prison) to be able to do anything.

Soldato
Amazing, start to finish. You guys did a great job on this SP mod. Hope to see more in the future :D My favorite bit was at the end, where the combine just flood out of that guard house, and you just like, rocket launch them all and watch their bodies go flying everywhere lol :D

Back
Top Bottom