Hard Butter

Soldato
Has anyone else found that butter - even the good stuff is rock hard - It never used to be and sticking it on your toast was easy - Now I have to put a lump on one slice then put next slice on top to try and melt the butter. - I can sharpen the knives on it.

We have tried a few other good brands as well as Lidl and Aldi and all seem to be the same - What have the makers taken out to save money.

We normally have Kerrygold.

Associate
I sometimes use a cheese grater the type for hard cheeses like parmesan.Spreads easily and i always keep the butter in the fridge.
I only really use butter for cooking and use the lurpak stuff for toast and sannys.

Permabanned
Common sense really, just cut off what you need to use and leave it in a butter dish, rinse repeat.

BUTTER.png

Soldato
i assume you are talking about the blocks of butter and not the spreadable tubs that are quite soft.

i only use blocks for cooking and melting on potatoes. Blocks have been the same hardness for as long as i can remember, i have never used it for toast in my life, it has always spread horribly.

Permabanned
i assume you are talking about the blocks of butter and not the spreadable tubs that are quite soft.

i only use blocks for cooking and melting on potatoes. Blocks have been the same hardness for as long as i can remember, i have never used it for toast in my life, it has always spread horribly.

You're doing it all wrong. Butter dish, leave it in that. Spreads perfectly every time. Simple really.

MarbleButterDishb-min_large.jpg

Spreadable tubs are soft because it's mixed with oil.

Spreading proper butter on toast is one of life's beautiful things.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom