Hazro series - HZ30Wi, HZ30WiQ, HZ27WA, HZ27WB & HZ27WC

Soldato
I have one more question to you - did you try to lower resolution in games, like from 2560x to 1920x? How does it look like?

Yes, I've tried different resolutions. They look "okay", in that they are displayed correctly just as you would expect, but that the sharpness is lost somewhat (as is the case with any LCD screen). The video cards software scaling is usually a little better than the internal scalar of a screen anyway, so it's just as good as it would be from (say) a Dell 3008 or similar screen.

As I said, you will have control over how the image is displayed via the nvidia / ATI control panel. The default is to fill the full screen (if the aspect ratio is the same), and add 'bars' only to account for aspect ratio - so if you display a 16:9 resolution on your 16:10 screen you will have thin black bars along the top and bottom. But, you can choose to stretch the image if you want, or you can choose a kind of 1:1 pixel mapping (so the image is reduced in size but stays sharp).

For use with a PC you won't come across anything that you "can't do" because of the lack of a scaler. The video card controls everything. It's only really an issue if you're working with an external source.

Soldato
I took delivery last night of Dell U2711 for which I paid around £525. Happy days!

To be honest, Hazro really need to pull their weight in the pixel policy department, if they are so confident on their panels I can't see the reason why. Their 27" looks to be a good bet at around the same price as the Dell is right now, but the offer on the Dell won't suit all and won't last for long either.

Soldato
I took delivery last night of Dell U2711 for which I paid around £525. Happy days!

To be honest, Hazro really need to pull their weight in the pixel policy department, if they are so confident on their panels I can't see the reason why. Their 27" looks to be a good bet at around the same price as the Dell is right now, but the offer on the Dell won't suit all and won't last for long either.

A very good price, I got the previous deal (some days ago) @ £556 (with all discounts etc) and must say this Dell is very nice indeed, it is replacing one of my NEC 24WMGX3's (which I will use for amongst other things gaming)...really glad I held out until the priced dropped to this level!

Associate
A very good price, I got the previous deal (some days ago) @ £556 (with all discounts etc) and must say this Dell is very nice indeed, it is replacing one of my NEC 24WMGX3's (which I will use for amongst other things gaming)...really glad I held out until the priced dropped to this level!

where do you guys get those prices? discounts etc..

Man of Honour
Its a bit childish not to allow the naming of a competitor if their deal is better.

whether it's childish or not is not the point sadly. It's the rules of the forum as laid out by the owners and OcUK shop who provide the software, hosting and support. Got to stick with the rules i'm afraid

Associate
OK, let's go back to main topic.

SO, Hazro 30" had soem kind of discount at the moment being out, is that correct? what kind of discount was it?
Any chances for discounts again?:)

Soldato
OK, let's go back to main topic.

SO, Hazro 30" had soem kind of discount at the moment being out, is that correct? what kind of discount was it?
Any chances for discounts again?:)

The introductory offer was £675 including VAT and delivery. That was direct from Hazro though, so I doubt you will see discounts of that magnitude any time soon (since OcUK need to make a margin on the sales).

Associate
The introductory offer was £675 including VAT and delivery. That was direct from Hazro though, so I doubt you will see discounts of that magnitude any time soon (since OcUK need to make a margin on the sales).

675? that was really nice...

Mr Hazro - any Christmas discounts? :)

Soldato
675? that was really nice...

True, but remember that this was before any Hazros had been seen in the wild, so buying one was a lot more of a risk than it is for you guys now. Also, we had to wait over four weeks for delivery, whereas now you can get one next-day (snow permitting of course!).

Soldato
Hazro do not ship to me and i live in west London. :(

Also i noticed the other 30 inch model, what's the differences? is the input lag the same? any other differences? the prices are about £120 difference or so.

Soldato
Hazro do not ship to me and i live in west London. :(

Also i noticed the other 30 inch model, what's the differences? is the input lag the same? any other differences? the prices are about £120 difference or so.

The 'regular' 30" screen is only available through OcUK now.

The "Q" version of the 30" is based on a different panel type (the same as the Dell 3008, as opposed to the 3007 with the regular Hazro), and claims a wider colour range (although the claimed 117% figure is extremely dubious, since regular CFL backlights are used).

No idea on input lag etc as there has not been a review of the "Q" version to my knowledge. Having said that I would put money on the input lag being fairly low, as Hazro don't have an internal scalar to slow things down.

Man of Honour
The "Q" version of the 30" is based on a different panel type (the same as the Dell 3008, as opposed to the 3007 with the regular Hazro), and claims a wider colour range (although the claimed 117% figure is extremely dubious, since regular CFL backlights are used).

indeed, a bit of an odd exaggeration. The HZ30Wi uses Lg.Display's LM300WQ3 panel which has a 92% NTSC gamut. The HZ30Wi-Q uses their LM300WQ5 panel instead which is 102% NTSC

Associate
I wish Hazro could ship to Glasgow:(
If they ship to Ireland for free, why not to ship to UK as well?
Am I missing something?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom