Hazro series - HZ30Wi, HZ30WiQ, HZ27WA, HZ27WB & HZ27WC

OcUK Staff
Hi there

When can OcUK expect our first batch of 30" we have on pre-order, sales are building up for those, so we'd like to deliver ASAP. :)

Associate
OP
1. Looks like Hazro Don't ship to anywhere in the UK and are using ocuk as the uk shipping arm.

2. When is the hazro site going to be updated to show all the monitors you have?

1. Only for UK purchases - we deal with all International sales directly.

2. It would be a huge site if we listed all monitors we have - there are far too many. There are 4 models available for consumer purchase with the 27s going live soon [towards end of this month].

Soldato
Depending on the price the HZ27Wb could really tickle my interest.

Although with Apple 30" going for £500-700 it's going to be a hard choice! [And the Brightness buttons would work, which is a HUGE + for me]

Also, how many of the 26" power bricks do you have left? I feel mine *may* be on the way out, but then again, it could just be paranoia :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Also, how many of the 26" power bricks do you have left? I feel mine *may* be on the way out, but then again, it could just be paranoia :p

I have a spare one that I don't need any more (I originally thought that the power brick was the cause of failure in my screen)... If yours does fail, send me an email.

Alternatively you can just order them from Hong Kong via ebay.

Associate
OP
[And the Brightness buttons would work, which is a HUGE + for me].

The buttons on these new Hazro displays are not touch type and therefore adjustments are not as problematic as they were on the old Hazros.

Offtopic: Not sure on how many exactly - its a case of reporting the problem to Warranty Services who will take this forward. If the green light is stable, there shouldn't be any issues.

Associate
OP
I started looking into the Apples but lack of OSD is a deal killer for me.

The lack of a OSD is not as much of a problem as it may seem - digital [panel blocking] brightness/contrast is just as good from computer based utilities [nVidia/ATi control panel etc.]. These utilities also allow for RGB custom values and some go as far as actually allowing users to smoothen out gamma curves. Backlight adjust which reduces power to inverter is available on the HZ30Wis. The only other ft. needed for calibration is gamma value but this is default anyways. Having 'access' to LUTs to send pre-configured calibration results is great but these 'sharpness/movie mode' type OSD settings have been over commercialized imo. To prove the point, some OEMs introduced monitors incorporating DDC/CI with bundled software and removed buttons/menus altogether. Checkout Entech Taiwan or DisplayTune. Just a thought.

Soldato
The buttons on these new Hazro displays are not touch type and therefore adjustments are not as problematic as they were on the old Hazros.

Offtopic: Not sure on how many exactly - its a case of reporting the problem to Warranty Services who will take this forward. If the green light is stable, there shouldn't be any issues.

I was talking about the brightness buttons on my keyboard adjusting the backlight brightness on the Apple monitors, if your's did that too then that would be a selling point?

Associate
OP
I was talking about the brightness buttons on my keyboard adjusting the backlight brightness on the Apple monitors

This wouldn't be possible. On standalone computer systems, keyboard shortcuts would have to control a widget/software/app 'running behind the scenes'. Not sure if ATi/nVidia CPs have shortcuts to do this.

Associate
OP
Any idea on the rough prices for the 27" models?

Can't say but we may just become victims of 'over sku-ing' i.e. too many products aimed at the same market all within a similar price range. The downsizing [WQXGA 16:10 > WQHD 16:9] will be reflected in the price - more on this in 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom