Hazro series - HZ30Wi, HZ30WiQ, HZ27WA, HZ27WB & HZ27WC

Soldato
Depending on the price the HZ27Wb could really tickle my interest.

Although with Apple 30" going for £500-700 it's going to be a hard choice! [And the Brightness buttons would work, which is a HUGE + for me]

Also, how many of the 26" power bricks do you have left? I feel mine *may* be on the way out, but then again, it could just be paranoia :p

Apple 30" Cinema display for £500? How is that? I understand there is some student discount but how can you get it that low?

Associate
OP
Although with Apple 30" going for £500-700 it's going to be a hard choice!

The ACD uses a standard 72% gamut [W01] panel - the Hazro HZ30Wi and HZ30WiQ use wide gamut panels at 92% and 117% respectively. Also, may I know where the ACD is available at £500-700 ?

Man of Honour
The ACD uses a standard 72% gamut [W01] panel - the Hazro HZ30Wi and HZ30WiQ use wide gamut panels at 92% and 117% respectively. Also, may I know where the ACD is available at £500-700 ?

believe that should read 92% for the Q3 and 102% for the Q5 panel shouldn't it? assuming you are using same reference :)

Man of Honour
I was going to say... 117% is a little near the 123% of my XL24 and that has a coloured LED-backlight array.

yep 114%+ is achieveable through RGB LED backlighting, but WCG-CCFL is pretty much limited to about 102%. but there's lots of different references out there. Dell for instance always exaggerate the number on their specs compared with other manufacturers by referring to a different reference :)

Soldato
Apple 30" Cinema display for £500? How is that? I understand there is some student discount but how can you get it that low?

Bay of E and it's EOL so no more are being made.

I know the panels are better but price is the main point :p

I don't want a 16:9 screen tho, 16:10 is the way forward IMO.

Associate
OP
Hi

Any update on this? Have any of the screens been shipped yet? Is there an updated ETA?

We are shipping the first batch today with more to follow on Monday and Tuesday - I don't have a break down yet of who gets what and when but its been a very very long week [rushed assembly] - you can email us with your order details and an exact ETA will be provided. I think there will be some who'll be given the news of a further 3~4 day delay :o

Associate
OP
there's lots of different references out there

Baddass is absolutely right: We could easily publish a figure of over 120% without consequences and it'll probably entice customers into purchasing Hazro over other brands [because 120% > 117%]. That's why its important not to get too bogged down with numbers. In terms of performance, users working in AdobeRGB would want perfect output and both the HZ30Wi and HZ30Wi-Q are ideal for that. Beyond that, a true 10bit RGB backlight panel would be a notch up [e.g. HZ24WBR - but at close to 2K, it wouldn't appeal to most].

Associate
...its been a very very long week [rushed assembly]... :o
Better not to rush - mistakes can be made - monitors DOA/dead pixels/screen artifacts, etc. An ETA is exactly that, an estimate, not a date set in stone. Better to wait and get a perfect product than get a duff product a few weeks early. As long as we get them before the VAT rise in January, I'll be happy.:D

Soldato
Better not to rush - mistakes can be made - monitors DOA/dead pixels/screen artifacts, etc. An ETA is exactly that, an estimate, not a date set in stone. Better to wait and get a perfect product than get a duff product a few weeks early. As long as we get them before the VAT rise in January, I'll be happy.:D

Those exactly are my thoughts. Then again I am a QA Engineer :D

On the other hand, I am really looking forward on seeing the prices for those 27" models as I am about to buy a Dell U2410 but if the prices are similar I might just buy the Hazro.

Warranty is an important aspect though. I know it has been discussed before but I would appreciate if you could provide more details about it. What is your Dead pixel policy?

Associate
...Warranty is an important aspect though. I know it has been discussed before but I would appreciate if you could provide more details about it. What is your Dead pixel policy?

Hazro HZ30Wi Manual

Specifically page 15 - Pixel Defect Policy. To summarise- warranty claims considered only if any of the following values are exceeded:

more than 9 hot pixels
or
more than 9 dead pixels
or
more than 21 sub (or stuck) pixels.
or
1 cluster of hot and dead pixels
or
9 clusters of sub (or stuck) pixels
where a cluster is defined as an area of 5x5 pixels.

:( Hopefully, these figures should be less with the 27" models.

Last edited:
Associate
remember they dont have built in scalers. so you run a lower res (which is rare i guess) it wont stretch to full size of screen, i.e if you run a 1080p movie you will have bars

Soldato
remember they dont have built in scalers. so you run a lower res (which is rare i guess) it wont stretch to full size of screen, i.e if you run a 1080p movie you will have bars

Only if you're running the screen with an external source (blu-ray, PS3, x-box etc)... If you're using it as a PC monitor then there will be no problem whatsoever. You still have complete control over how the image is displayed at sub-native resolutions.

Associate
OP
so you run a lower res (which is rare i guess) it wont stretch to full size of screen, i.e if you run a 1080p movie you will have bars

received a few questions on this so thought i'd post for clarification:

Any source <WQXGA will result in interpolation i.e. image blows up to fill screen.

In full screen mode of media players [Quicktime/WM/VLC] etc. you'll get the impression of mapping i.e. in vertical plane, the 1080 image will have borders to cover remaining 520px but this won't be done in horizontal plane [image will stretch to cover all 2560 pixels. That's why its best to view full HD content in a window and not full screen mode [unless there's a way of getting borders down the sides too].

Soldato
^^^ But, of course, you can still select how the image is displayed using the options of the media player, as you would with any other screen.

Also, from the nvidia / ATI control panel you can select how non-native 3D graphics are displayed (i.e. games). You can choose to extend the image to use the full screen ("normal" mode), or you can tell it not to do any upscaling (like "1:1 pixel mapping", resulting in horizontal and vertical black bars for sub-native resolutions).

I think people are more interested in what happens when you plug a non-PC output in, because with a PC you have 100% of the flexibility that you get with in internal scalar. I've not had a screen with an internal scalar for years, and I've never once come across anything that was problematic, or even a hassle. That said, I've only ever had my PC connected to it - I have a regular TV for everything else.

Soldato
Hazro,
1. can you confirm that Hz30 will accept a single link dvi cable for sub 1920x1200/60hz resolutions from say a hdmi->dvi converter or directly a single link dvi output from a PC graphics card
Manual confusingly says says
Never use a Single Link DVI Cable with a monitor which has a native resolution of WUXGA ▪
[1920x1200] or above. Single Link cables are not capable of carrying the required bandwidth and
may cause permanent damage to the monitor.

As I understand dual link protocol is back-ward compatible with single link (second
link only exploited if higher resolutions required)
Manual and your previous replies clearly say that 1080p does work

2. For hz27 which is 16:9 as opposed to 16:10 of hz30 will blow-up of a 1080p input
image be the same as hz30 you describe where image expanded horizontally to
2560 but not expanded vertically ? (image will lose its correct aspect ratio)
[I have a 1080p laptop I want to connect, ideally there would be an option to
allow pixel mappping (no blow-up) with black bars on all sides .. until I upgrade
laptop to one with a mini-dp and higher res]
Paul

Back
Top Bottom