Hillsborough inquest verdict.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Took way too long and the police and other authorities should be ashamed that their actions to protect their own hides caused many more people to die than should have.

I dont think anything today really helps all those many years having to fight to find out the plain, simple truth. Stronger souls than I

Disgusting

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
Unbelievable, still victim shaming after all the evidence provided over those 25 years... and then you have the cheek to think the police shouldn't be found guilty for their actions.
Posts like this make it sound like police officers went out of their way to kill fans. That's hardly the case.

I just read through the questions put to the jury and there is plenty said to blame the stadium design, SW FC, Eastwood & Partners and Symas (ambulance service). Sounds like the main officer in charge tried to cover up his mistakes for which he should be held accountable, but this anti-police vilification seems rather over-the-top. As said above, it's pretty clear that all officers on the scene were trying to save people.

Probably the most important point to come out of this is that football clubs should pay for their own policing.

Soldato
Interesting read on the Telegraph.

It's going to take them 8 months to file papers to the CPS, and then likely a further 3 months for the CPS to review the case to determine whether or not there's enough evidence to prosecute.

Not only that but Duckenfield has a "stay" of prosecution in place since 2000 which they need thrown out before they can charge him with the offences. So it looks like a potentially long time before he could even possibly be facing the charges.

Associate
mistakes were made by all involved (stadium staff,fans, police, ambulance services etc.)

You understand wrong in so many ways - but primarily in blaming the victims. Fortunately, the jury disagreed with you.

QUESTION 7: Behaviour of the supporters

Was there any behaviour on the part of the football supporters which caused or contributed to the dangerous situation at the Leppings Lane turnstiles? Yes or no.

No.

Was there any behaviour on the part of the football supporters which may have caused or contributed to the dangerous situation at the Leppings Lane turnstiles? Yes or no.

No.

Soldato
I'm not blaming the victims :confused: I'm just saying it was a combination of many things.

I wouldn't worry, you'll get a lot of people jumping on you because you were honest enough to say what you thought, hell, you've even had a Don make a rather underhand comment.

To be fair, I'm glad the families have got their peace but ultimately, I don't have any personal connection to me so it's just another news story. I don't feel anything either way. Times have moved on, systems have been changed and ultimately, this verdict won't change a great deal, if anything.

But that won't stop everyone voicing their opinions, try to put others in their place and trying to show how amazeballs they are. Best to just back out of the thread and walk away, which is what I am going to do ;) :D

The below comment is a prime example of what I mean.

Last edited:
Caporegime
So will anyone be prosecuted for this?

If not what was the point?

All that wasted money.

Firstly, it was about the truth.

I doubt there will be any police found guilty of any wrong doing, that's not how the Police in this country work, there might be non police found guilty.

Soldato
Ahhh so because the jury says something is true everyone must agree.. everyone is entitled to their own opinions on the matter and even the jury didn't agree on everything did they?

I wouldn't bother, the Hillsborough Disaster hasn't been about, what I'd call, the "scientific facts" since it happened.

The Police, as we all know and it seems accept, disgustingly tried to scape goat the fans, plant evidence, change statements etc to get themselves off the hook which is clearly abhorrent. However, proving that the Police were not guilt free does not prove they entirely responsible either [yet that kind of black and white issue is what it's seemed to have become].

Sadly the issue has become a political football between the families and the police over the 25 years with each desperately trying to blame everything on the other with neither giving way for the possibility of something having more than one element to it.

Unless the police were whipping and violently threatening the fans at the back to keep moving forward despite the resistance of the people in front of them then I don't see how honestly you can say the fans (at least the ones at the back trying to get in) had no hand in any of the deaths...like at all.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Possibly.

Can you really put a price on the truth?

And now they have it, will it make things better, I doubt it, will make them happy, I doubt it.

Will it bring the relative & friends back, no.

It's time they moved on with their lives & stop living in the past. They can never change it.

Permabanned
OP
Ahhh so because the jury says something is true everyone must agree.. everyone is entitled to their own opinions on the matter and even the jury didn't agree on everything did they?

Unlawfully killed 7 - 2

One other count was a majority verdict.

All the other counts were unanimous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom