Horizon Zero Dawn

Caporegime
There is an "easy loot" option somewhere that enables the key bits of a robot to fall off at death. It helps with the going to an extent when you need a certain item.
I though that was going a bit too far. If there was an option that made detached parts go straight into your inventory, that would be fine.

The setting you describe means you don't have to detach parts at all, iirc. On machine death, the parts are all lootable, even if you blew them all up!

Caporegime
I though that was going a bit too far. If there was an option that made detached parts go straight into your inventory, that would be fine.

The setting you describe means you don't have to detach parts at all, iirc. On machine death, the parts are all lootable, even if you blew them all up!

Lot less stress playing though. Which I prefer. :p

Caporegime
I agree the Forbidden West storyline just couldn't hold a candle to the original.

I really thought the backstory to that game was top notch to be honest, even if Aloys story in the 'present' was a bit meh.

Soldato
I loved this game but with one caveat. I decided I was going to put the effort in to 100% it on Steam.

Unfortunately there is a bug with achievements not registering on Steam. With things you can do again this isn’t a problem. For things like chapter achievements you are kind of screwed. It just kind of left a sour taste towards the end

Caporegime
I loved this game but with one caveat. I decided I was going to put the effort in to 100% it on Steam.

Unfortunately there is a bug with achievements not registering on Steam. With things you can do again this isn’t a problem. For things like chapter achievements you are kind of screwed. It just kind of left a sour taste towards the end

Even on a second playthrough in New Game+?

Soldato
Hey massive thread necro, but seeing as the new one is out I thought might actually complete the first one. Has anyone played around updating the DLSS DLL? What flavour did you use? There's version and then within that different settings right? Are there any mods I should look at too? Also how is this playing on a controller - I've got an Xbox Controller - will I be missing out not having a proper PS4/5 one? I want to play with my 3080 (10GB) on my 4k Oled TV

Soldato
I always play stuff like this with K&B. Indeed I bought this a couple of weeks ago when it was reduced to less than a tenner, and that's how I'm playing it.

How do you even play such a game with controller? Does the computer / console just aim for you?

Associate
I always play stuff like this with K&B. Indeed I bought this a couple of weeks ago when it was reduced to less than a tenner, and that's how I'm playing it.

How do you even play such a game with controller? Does the computer / console just aim for you?
It does have an option for aim assist (on lower difficulties), but otherwise you just... aim with the right joystick. IIRC the aim assist is on by default on lower difficulties even with KB+M, it doesn't aim the reticle for you but it makes arrows curve slightly towards weak points

Last edited:
Soldato
Remembering that I used to play GTA with both control systems - switching to joypad when driving, then back again - and remembering what happened if I needed to shoot too suddenly to make the switch ... I'm pretty sure I'm not capable of aiming with the right stick. :D

Soldato

I always play K&M but I want to play it my big telly :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
In HZD and now HZFW aiming with the mouse is just superior. When fighting fast moving machines I can quickly turn 180 etc with the mouse and react instantly. On a controller it takes time for the camera to turn as the right stick can only move the camera so fast, increase the stick sensitivity and you lose the ability to precision aim slowly when needed too in the heat of the moment. A mouse does not have this problem.

Caporegime

As a steadfast M&K person, how is it without a controller? Easily playable without having to use fifteen different buttons?

Reactions: Kyo
Back
Top Bottom