How fast can you run 2.4km (1.5 miles)?

Permabanned
My 5K PB is 21.12 so I'd have a guess at being able to run 2.4k in under 10 minutes.

Wouldn't have to worry about saving myself for later running such a short distance.

Can comfortably run at 6/7 minute miles when I'm on form.

Last edited:
Soldato
ive just started running the begining of this week. im doing a 1.6 mile loop.

monday i did it in about 25 mins because i had to walk a lot of it.

tues i did it in about 18 mins

wed in 15:40

thurs i did it 15 mins dead

Soldato
Making some good progress there utajoker :)

i did a lot of running at the begining of the year when i joined the gym but after 3-4 months i got pain in the tops of my feat so had to stop.

running outside is a lot different to a treadmill and i havent got any pain back yet.

i think i used to run 6-7k in about 30 mins at about 10kph. (not 100% on that).

2nd day this week i went out and i didnt need to walk at all i just ran it all the way. first day i walked more than i ran and my chest was hurting a lot.

Permabanned
Personally I always find that running on a treadmill almost feels unnatural for some reason. I also find it seems to give me more niggles than road or trail running as well. I think the set speed and flat surface don't really help.

Much better running on road (off road does help a lot as well) as it helps build better muscles for running I find.

Soldato
I did 13:25 the other day and was happy but want to be able to get it minus 10 mins, today I went out and near collapsed at 10 minutes for some reason so walked the rest - probably was on a similar pace.

Soldato
Last time I did anything timed was 2.5K which took me 10:13. That was after my 3rd run of the same distance where my first time was 15 minutes. Started way too quickly and epic failed into a walk after 1k.

Ideally when I stat training I'd like to get it down to 9 minutes per 2.5k

Soldato
okay, first time at the gym...

1.5 in 6.45 fairly easily, but is that miles or km? It didn't say which is really no use at all.

If it's miles then thats 4.30 a mile. Doesn't seem likely.

Are treds usually set to km anyone?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Also note that treadmills are far far easier to run on than running outside. I knocked roughly 2 mins off my 1.5 mile time running on a treadmill compared to outside.

That's a very sweeping statement you're making there.

I am a much faster runner out in the real world than I am stuck on a treadmill. I don't know what it is about running on real terrain, it tires me out less. It might be something to do with air movement.

Soldato
Think my fastest was about 11.30 but that was with quite a long uphill (about 1km) and after a shift at work.

Oops, correction

Annoyingly I didn't follow to the advice earlier, but will be doubling my distance and seeing what sort of time I can come out with.

I went out in the wind and rain, an hour after eating a bag of crisps and a pint of cider - and ran my best time so far.

Paced myself a bit better and didn't walk once, managed 10m48s.

I'm guessing I should be aiming for 25-28mins for 3miles?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom