How the great have fallen.

Soldato
Slowly over the last 2-3 years OCuk dispatch times have become absolutely appauling.

I echo the sentiments of a shockingly large amount of people online. I wasn't sure if I was just unlucky with a few of my previous orders but it appears to be happening pretty frequently nowadays.

I placed an order at 9:55pm on the 5-1-2023 for components for a new system coming to approx £2000. I was quite excited as I haven't done a fresh build in easily over 5 years. All items were in stock (still are as far as i'm aware) and selected free delivery at checkout due to being a loyal forum member.

Fully expecting an email on the 6th (friday) for dispatch so I could build the computer at the weekend. I never received any.

I emailed CS on friday afternoon asking for status of dispatch and on saturday i got a reply......

ocuk.jpeg
(Overclockers UK)
7 Jan 2023, 12:38 CET
Hello,

I can confirm it is 1-3 days on delivery at the moment. This makes delivery to be estimated to be between Monday - Wednesday. If you are not available on the day of delivery you can amend it via the DPD tracking which will come through later.

We apologise for the wait.
Kind Regards,
Overclockers UK

4f1c1d6dca80de8fd764031437f2a455
ME
6 Jan 2023, 10:20 CET
Hi.
Its been a while since i've ordered from OcUK and you used to be able to pick a delivery date at checkout. However, this order didnt give me the option. I was kind of hoping i'd get it saturday if it gets dispatched today purely as no one will be at home monday and i'm guessing DPD dont delivery sundays?

Now don't get me wrong, I know saturdays aren't "working days" but i STILL haven't had a dispatch email and i believe OcUK do dispatch on saturdays as you can opt for sunday delivery. I'm not expecting a delivery on sunday as i understand my free postage doesn't include sunday delivery.

In my mind that has given OcUK at the MINIMUM of 2 full working days (2 and a half if you include saturday) and my order still hasn't been dispatched.

It never used to be like this, as long as you got in before the delivery cut off time you'll get it next day. Not any more it seems.

Now whenever OcUK decide to dispatch my item i'll have to delay delivery to thursday at the earliest as no one will be home to sign for it.

This has happened too often recently and your feedback says the same. I won't be ordering from you again as purchasing something shouldn't be this much work. It's a shame as I specced my order on certain pc part configurator and i could have got the whole order for circa £90 less by ordering bits from a few competitors than if i just ordered all from you. I thought the extra is worth it due to the customer service and swift delivery but that's obviously changed.

It pains me to write this as i'm a huge fan and regular forum lurker but i can only speak from the experience i've received.

I get it, this isn't the biggest disaster ever to have happened but to me £2000 is a lot of money, once in half a decade kind of spending money and i expect my stuff within a reasonable time frame.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Don’t be ridiculous, who in their right mind orders at 10pm and expects next day delivery?
Read the post mate.

I was expecting DISPATCH on friday. Not delivery.....

Well keep the customer in the loop maybe? Its the 2nd time this dispatch thing has happened in the last 3 months and by all accounts (google and this review sub forum) people are having the same experience. Don't advertise it if you can't deliver. If i did this to a customer at work i'd be shot for it.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Just a follow up, the ram I ordered has now dropped £26 on price and since it's not been dispatched I've asked for the difference to be refunded.

My power supply I ordered and WAS in stock now says preorder. Let's see if I get "items not in stock, shipment delayed".

I'll follow up when OcUk get back to me...

Last edited:
Permabanned
If you ordered it Thursday and the parts were in stock, it would have been a day or two to build and test.

That would take it to Saturday. It then would take couple days to reach you. So Monday-Wednesday delivery.

There needs to be build time and dispatch clarification on the order info.

Was there? Or did it say literally 1 day delivery? And this was it?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
It wasn't a system to be built, just all the parts for me to assemble myself. I wouldn't expect a custom build within 48hrs.

The fact remains as stated on their order page, order before 5pm for next day delivery. It should have been with me on Saturday.

Order late Thursday night.
Prepare and dispatch Friday.
Delivery Saturday.

It's Monday and still nothing

Last edited:
Permabanned
It wasn't a system to be built, just all the parts for me to assemble myself. I wouldn't expect a custom build within 48hrs.

The fact remains as stated on their order page, order before 5pm for next day delivery. It should have been with me on Saturday.

Order late Thursday night.
Prepare and dispatch Friday.
Delivery Saturday.

It's Monday and still nothing

Even worse if it was just parts that order should defo have gone out Friday. Unless it was due to lack of staff or increased orders to pick.

Did you pay for Saturday delivery or was it just normal delivery?

It wouldn’t be with you on Saturday if you never ordered Weekend delivery.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I get free next day DPD for being a loyal forum member. Atleast I don't have to claw that back but like I said in the original post, even if it's dispatched tomorrow I won't be about to receive the delivery.

Might be able to do Thursday but if not I'll have to delay it to Saturday.

No matter how they paint it, Friday to potentially Wednesday/Thursday the following week isn't next day regardless of if I paid postage or not.

If they kept to their word none of this would be happening and is a massive pain in the arse.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Yeah tell me about it.

I might be coming across as a bit of a **** but just really frustrated with this. Fingers crossed they put it right.

Just to let you know they don’t watch the forums. A web note or phone call is best you can do but I’m fairly sure they will put it right. As long as you have told them.

I think I would be the same tbh.

I wonder if nobody has picked up the order until the weekend or even worse today.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yeah I've sent them a webnote Friday asking where it is and was given the response in the OP.

Sent them another now querying price difference, PSU stock and dispatch ETA.

I did ring earlier today and was just told it's not been 3 working days which isn't helpful considering it's supposed to be next day!

Permabanned
Yeah I've sent them a webnote Friday asking where it is and was given the response in the OP.

Sent them another now querying price difference, PSU stock and dispatch ETA.

I did ring earlier today and was just told it's not been 3 working days which isn't helpful considering it's supposed to be next day!

It doesn’t say 3 working days on the order though it says 1…

Got to love retail.

Soldato
OP
Lol I know but I know I'll be painted as a "Karen" type for kicking off but rightly so.

I work in sheet metal manufacturing and we get given all sorts of rubbish for drawings to work from. The delivery date is gospel and if I don't develop a CAD model and shop floor drawings in time for the parts to be cut, folded and whatever else needs doing im in the office for an hour explaining why not.

Permabanned
Lol I know but I know I'll be painted as a "Karen" type for kicking off but rightly so.

I work in sheet metal manufacturing and we get given all sorts of rubbish for drawings to work from. The delivery date is gospel and if I don't develop a CAD model and shop floor drawings in time for the parts to be cut, folded and whatever else needs doing im in the office for an hour explaining why not.

Bit of a difference though this is just a shop. Has work given you the money to order it?

Soldato
OP
Yeah but it's the principal of get the paying customer his goods when you promised them.

Seeing all the negative feedback ocuk have got from delayed dispatching and selling products that say in stock but are in fact on back order makes me think no one is being held accountable on their end.

Soldato
Same here at the moment - ordered £500 worth of kit on Sunday, everything in stock. Sat here Tuesday night and order status still hasn’t changed from received to picked let alone dispatched. Am sure I have forum loyalty shipping too, what ever that is these days.

Was really hoping to have my bits for Friday so I can spend my only day off transplanting my machine. Starting to loose hope.

As a comparison I ordered a gpu from a competitor on Sunday night, it arrived by midday Monday.

edit: oh just checked and the case which I ordered, which has been in stock for 2 days is now showing as pre order. I’m guessing that’s me shafted.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've stopped using them because of this.
Was a time if you ordered by about 2pm it was despatched that same day for delivery the next day.

Soldato
:mad: hate seeing threads like this.

The CEO and/or top managers needs to have a pop on in to resolve stuff like this IMO.
All they do is delete threads like this. I made two orders both went the same way, is actually paid extra for Saturday delivery, imagine my surprise when it didn't even get despatched until the Monday.
Gave them a second chance with the same delayed despatch, despite both orders being made at like 6am.

It's obvious when it all changed as well it wasn't even a gradual thing, as soon as it was sold on that was it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom