How to getthe best out of Octopus Flux

Soldato
What export tariff are EV owners on? It seems having an EV tariff severely caps your outgoing payments - 8ppkwh? I wonder if it's worth staying on flux with an EV?

Soldato
What export tariff are EV owners on? It seems having an EV tariff severely caps your outgoing payments - 8ppkwh? I wonder if it's worth staying on flux with an EV?

Octopus lite. However, come April will be switching back to flux before I'll move back to Go (insert which ever tariff is best) in October again

Soldato
I'm on flux, but I see now! :) I'm just toying with idea of going EV route - would.it actually save me fuel/leccy costs? Rhetorical Q - I can't tell!

Last edited:
Soldato
Anybody who was on Flux previously swapped back yet? Just wondering how straightforward it was to swap back.
Im not going to bother….tracker is on average less then 15p/kwh and im getting fixed export at 15p/kwh until the end of november.

Flux export during the normal window is only something like 15.7p for me, but unit rate is 27p+……….so every unit i import i have to export 2 to match the cost.

Where as with tracker and fixed, most of the time i get more for export than import.

Soldato
Im not going to bother….tracker is on average less then 15p/kwh and im getting fixed export at 15p/kwh until the end of november.

Flux export during the normal window is only something like 15.7p for me, but unit rate is 27p+……….so every unit i import i have to export 2 to match the cost.

Where as with tracker and fixed, most of the time i get more for export than import.
Thinking of sticking with agile for similar reasons. Also for me the flux standing charge will add about £40 extra a year over my agile fix. The flux cheap period is really not competitive unfortunately.

Soldato
Going to be sticking with Intelligent Go and export at 15p, just saves many headaches and means if i want to have dinner at a normal time I can and charge the car pretty much whenever I want, if things change with Intelligent Go then I may do also, but currently makes sense to stick with my 7.5p import for all the time the car is plugged in if I don't use my solar and then export a chunk every day with my topped up batteries.

Soldato
I'm on the same, but I still don't think it's worth force exporting, with the delta of 7.5p/kWh being quite small, and further eroded by inefficiencies of conversion from battery back to grid exported energy.

I intend to just use mine as normal, and excess solar will get sent to grid.

Associate
15p fixed export is a no-brainer now unless you force export lots in the 4-7pm period. The standard export rate on Flux for us is about 13p now, so even sending out 5-7kWh at the peak rate we're only averaging about 16p overall for our export.

If it drops more in July and the fixed export remains at 15p then I'll be getting off Flux as it would make no sense in the summer half anymore.

Associate
15p fixed export is a no-brainer now unless you force export lots in the 4-7pm period. The standard export rate on Flux for us is about 13p now, so even sending out 5-7kWh at the peak rate we're only averaging about 16p overall for our export.

If it drops more in July and the fixed export remains at 15p then I'll be getting off Flux as it would make no sense in the summer half anymore.
I am staying on Agile + Fixed outgoing, top up battery every night and disable topping up batter unless the prices are quite high.

Man of Honour

I still get over 15p and from April I'm often still exporting at 4pm.

However it's all marginal now as you say, tbh for me it's more about reducing my dependency on the grid as much as possible and use electricity with the confidence that it's not costing me anything.

Back
Top Bottom