• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How to overclock a 7850 past 1050MHz?

Associate
maybe the memory OC is too high and unstable, lower it to 1375mhz (5500)

Okay thanks for the suggestion. I ran it again at 5500mhz and heres the results:

FPS: 47.6
Scores: 1200
Min FPS: 20.5
Max FPS: 102.1

As you can see, it barely changed the results even though I lowered the memory. I didn't change the voltage, I left it at 1.125v.

What do you think?

Soldato
Could use a bit of help, I've gone from clueless to overclocking my entire system :p

These are the settings I'm using at the moment

graphicsoc1.jpg

I can't seem to find the option for GPU voltage.

I've tried to get the clock up to 1200, but benchmark normally crashes, 1 time my computer blue screened.

Associate
I can't seem to find the option for GPU voltage.

I've tried to get the clock up to 1200, but benchmark normally crashes, 1 time my computer blue screened.

Settings > Tuning > Tick 'GPU Voltage'.

Just a little increase each time and keep an eye on temps when running benchmarks and games. Mine usually maxes at 61 but I think anything under 80 is safe.

Soldato
Not seeing that setting.

Only 2 settings I have under tune setting are "Overclocking range enhancement" and "Keep setting for next start on close application" :(

Associate
Hmm, that's strange. Here's mine.
1zod8it.png

Did you look up your exact card to see if anybody else was having the same problem with that card? My card is the MSI Twin Frozr 2GB and it didn't let me adjust voltage is MSI Afterburner but did let me in GPUTweak.

Maybe try and few other overclocking applications such as afterburner, trixx etc.

Caporegime
trixx is best for msi and 12.11 beta drivers,just make a note of the stock gpu load voltage before you play with trixx as it defaults and sets it too low resulting in crashing

load gpu-z twice one showing the sensor tab and other showing the ? next to the pcie then click the ? and click render and see how much the load voltage is in the sensor tab

Soldato
Thanks for this help, I didn't even know about GPU-Z, I take it the render is a bit like a Pime95 test, but just for the GPU.

I did the render test, but the VCDC didn't change at all, stayed at a constant 1.210V, even with the GPU load at 100%.

Caporegime
was it 1.210 before you played with trixx or gpu tweak? this is what i meant,these programs often leave the voltage stuck at what you set even if you close them so stock gpu voltage might be 1.138v and it will set to 1.210v unless you manually set it back yourself before you close trixx/gpu tweak ect

i have two cards that run 1.138v at stock,and they can do 1050v core 1375mhz memory without touching/raising the voltage,1.210v usually gets you 1200mhz core

Soldato
Nope, I've not played around with anything, not even download Trixx yet, I just went into CCC overdrive and applied defaults. Then I ran GPU-Z

Associate
I everyone... Today i received a Sapphire 8750 and with my old accelero TT 2 modded with 2 regular sized fans i have pretty good temps (40-44 at 1.225v).

Now the problem is that sapphire trixx is limited to 1.225v, msi AB and asus tweak don't even allow volt changes (i changed settings in both but nada), can i go up to 1.3 w/ flashing bios with some older version of these programs?

edit: ok it was probably a dumb question... so, is it safe to flash the bios in my case?

Last edited:
Didn't really wanna start a new thread for this, but what are the latest drivers for this card, including beta drivers? Im currently on 12.11 beta drivers, and I haven't updated in a while, and there has been some big releases out, so I was wondering was there any updates? Thanks

Associate
I everyone... Today i received a Sapphire 8750 and with my old accelero TT 2 modded with 2 regular sized fans i have pretty good temps (40-44 at 1.225v).

Now the problem is that sapphire trixx is limited to 1.225v, msi AB and asus tweak don't even allow volt changes (i changed settings in both but nada), can i go up to 1.3 w/ flashing bios with some older version of these programs?

edit: ok it was probably a dumb question... so, is it safe to flash the bios in my case?
are you sure that you hvae a 8750? I thought the 8XXX weren't supposed to be released until February or something

Associate
Just purchased an msi 7850 1gb,can someone tell me why i can only use trixx to o/c high and why afterburner and tweak tool wont work?tweak tool wont let me o/c further but will give me voltage control,afterburner wont let me do anything.The problem with trixx is that once you o/c the voltage stays at max

Associate
Didn't really wanna start a new thread for this, but what are the latest drivers for this card, including beta drivers? Im currently on 12.11 beta drivers, and I haven't updated in a while, and there has been some big releases out, so I was wondering was there any updates? Thanks

Just purchased an msi 7850 1gb, can someone tell me why i can only use trixx to o/c high and why afterburner and tweak tool wont work?tweak tool wont let me o/c further but will give me voltage control,afterburner wont let me do anything.The problem with trixx is that once you o/c the voltage stays at max

Thx.. you're right about trixx volt. issue... try an old version of asus tweak (you find them on asus site), i'm using it now no problems. edit: 2.2.9.6

Back
Top Bottom