HTC Vive

Soldato
I believe you need to right click game in steam, Properties, Betas and choose oculus 1.3.0 experimental option
It should update and allow you to start with the -openvr option.

For me it says it will render to VR HMD and desktop but seems to crash to desktop right after starting...

Associate
Anyone know how to get Euro Truck Sim 2 running in Vive?
When I launch it, I just end up playing the game in a virtual theatre.

Tried adding -openvr to properties and unticking Theatre mode but just get message saying "not compatible with VR".

Not got it installed but if you goto the properties of the game in steam there's some beta builds with oculus support which you may need

Associate
I believe you need to right click game in steam, Properties, Betas and choose oculus 1.3.0 experimental option
It should update and allow you to start with the -openvr option.

For me it says it will render to VR HMD and desktop but seems to crash to desktop right after starting...

Brilliant that worked.
Thanks all.

Initial impression is amazing. Definitely feels like you are in the cab.
Unfortunately I get really bad judder every time I move my head.
Tried putting everything on low but changes nothing.
Will have to have a play around...

Associate
https://youtu.be/mkJWjrLwAws this sums up my camera issue. Steamvr camera test controlling my hangouts video.

I bet this is a software conflict. Also I assume that having a program open that is capturing the Vive camera is pretty much the reason the Vive settings can't see it... So that needs to be closed.

What other camera devices/software did you find installed? Can you quit any running the processes that look related to camera inputs?

And you tried removing all the Vive drivers and reinstalling? And you have tried fully disconnecting every single cable (including the power cable to the breakout box) and reconnecting?

Can you install the Vive onto another machine? Maybe a laptop? All you need to check is the camera...

Also try the newest SteamVR beta.

Soldato
I bet this is a software conflict. Also I assume that having a program open that is capturing the Vive camera is pretty much the reason the Vive settings can't see it... So that needs to be closed.

What other camera devices/software did you find installed? Can you quit any running the processes that look related to camera inputs?

And you tried removing all the Vive drivers and reinstalling? And you have tried fully disconnecting every single cable (including the power cable to the breakout box) and reconnecting?

Can you install the Vive onto another machine? Maybe a laptop? All you need to check is the camera...

Also try the newest SteamVR beta.

Tried all of the above. Another guy raised a steam ticket, guy got back and said they are aware and working on a.fix. although his works in Skype. Mine doesnt.

Yup tried on another laptop. No luck.

Associate
Tried all of the above. Another guy raised a steam ticket, guy got back and said they are aware and working on a.fix. although his works in Skype. Mine doesnt.

Yup tried on another laptop. No luck.

Bad times. How odd though. It clearly is working and sending a signal over to the computer.

Was this your own laptop? Only thinking that we all often install the same software on different machines... Ideally you want a clean install.

Good luck in your troubleshooting!

Associate
OK I've not read any other posts, but I've just got my Vive (woooo). Just set it up last night and everything is working great apart from Elite Dangerous.

Not many people have had this problem, but it appears my frame rate is VERY low, yet if I take the headset off and move it with my hands, it is buttery smooth on the SteamVR dash.

I haven't had much time to properly test, but has anyone else had similar issues with potential fixes?

Don
There are quite a few issues reported with E: D at the moment. I am avoiding it until they resolve the issues (and it isn't practical to get a joystick in my play space at the moment)

Associate
OK I've not read any other posts, but I've just got my Vive (woooo). Just set it up last night and everything is working great apart from Elite Dangerous.

Not many people have had this problem, but it appears my frame rate is VERY low, yet if I take the headset off and move it with my hands, it is buttery smooth on the SteamVR dash.

I haven't had much time to properly test, but has anyone else had similar issues with potential fixes?

Sorry that's an odd one, mine runs okay apart from the resolution bug.

Have you tried setting your graphical settings to the VR low preset?

Associate
Yea something is up. I haven't tried that, but I'll add it to the list! lol... realistically, my system should destroy Elite. I assume SLI works in VR still?

Back
Top Bottom