I want a Plasma TV again!

Man of Honour
Hi guys I currently own a Sony 42" LED TV just over 2 years old, never really fell in love with it - smart services come and go, updates its self every other week, slow to load menus... just not my thing.. before this I had a Panny 50" Plasma which I loved but downscaled due to small living room in my new house

Was away over the new year and watched Tv on a old Panasonic Plasma for a few days, now I need one in my life again

Can anyone recommend me a good Panasonic one to buy, it has to be 42" 1080P, not fussed about 3d, not fussed about Smart Tv - Ill just get a nice add on box. Just want that awesome picture quality back!

Man of Honour
Plasma has gone, mate. The last ones were made about 3 years ago. Since then it has been LCD/LED for the most part with the odd OLED TV thrown in the mix.

Soldato
I'm currently at the CES show in Vegas, and i can tell you, as a plasma die hard fan, who's been distraught at the fact that plasma has left the market for the last three yrs, that a solution is very nearly in the hands of the consumer.

My jaw dropped at the latest OLED 4k panels from the likes of Samsung and especially LG.

Never in my life have i seen colors and clarity as good as what i saw at the show.

Plus this set was only 2.7mm thick. It was a jaw dropping experience.

It'll probably cost a bomb, but hey at least there's a solution that'll replace plasma.

Associate
Love my GT50 47" !

I watch other people's cheap LCDs & they say about how the colours are great & the picture sharpness is the best, I just roll my eyes as the blinding unrealistic colours melt into my brain & the so called sharpness bleeds into each other. I always say "Have you got it on dynamic" & the responses is usually "Yes, the other setting's are dull" ?

Any way, I love my GT50 !

Try AVForums classified.

Associate
I'm currently at the CES show in Vegas, and i can tell you, as a plasma die hard fan, who's been distraught at the fact that plasma has left the market for the last three yrs, that a solution is very nearly in the hands of the consumer.

My jaw dropped at the latest OLED 4k panels from the likes of Samsung and especially LG.

Never in my life have i seen colors and clarity as good as what i saw at the show.

Plus this set was only 2.7mm thick. It was a jaw dropping experience.

It'll probably cost a bomb, but hey at least there's a solution that'll replace plasma.

The modular moving TV wall that Samsung were showing off looked incredible.

Associate
The modular moving TV wall that Samsung were showing off looked incredible.

Yeah, those moving modular TVs were probably the highlight of CES for me. Linus' suggestion to use the modules to alternately form either a 16:9 or 21:9 screen depending on the aspect ratio of the video content seems like the most viable use for this technology.

Caporegime
I have an LG 49" 4k downstairs and sure, the picture is great but to me anyway, the black levels and general viewing of 1080i content via SkyHD I'm struggling to tell the difference. The Astra 4k test reel looked fantastic though so I'm looking forward to the SkyQ 4k content.

Back
Top Bottom