Inside (from the makers of Limbo!!)

Caporegime
Some bits in Limbo just did my nut in which sort of spoiled the game for me. I find I have little patience for repetition these days. Not sure about this if it's more of the same.

Soldato
Limbo was a bit disappointing for me. I had recently come off playing Braid, so I think that contributed to me feeling the puzzles in Limbo were maybe a tad basic or forgettable. What stuck with me was the atmosphere, which was masterful.

I hear this game is a little less of a straightforward puzzle game and more of an 'experience' with light puzzle elements, so I'm still quite excited about this. Plus the art direction and graphics are truly jaw dropping.

Yeah, atmosphere is probably what made it, for me. Although I enjoyed the puzzles too (perhaps a little less so in the final, say, 25% of the game).

Some bits in Limbo just did my nut in which sort of spoiled the game for me. I find I have little patience for repetition these days. Not sure about this if it's more of the same.

I love a bit of repetition, incrementally improving/mastering.

So LIMBO was great for me, along with stuff like Volgarr the Viking and Dark Souls (albeit, I've only put about 8hrs into DS so far).

Obviously, if you prefer to be making constant progress (I don't - I hate feeling like I've missed something or otherwise failed to master it), then I suppose this isn't going to be your ideal game.

Soldato
OP
Out now on Steam. Astounding 2D game similar to Limbo but way more game & atmosphere is just amazing. Truly a simple to play 2D colour masterpiece :D

Uses Denuvo DRM so thankfully Playdead will get the 6 years dev budget back as no free demo!

Last edited:
Soldato
Really want this but can't justify £15 on a 3 hour game...

I try not to judge a game's value on its playlength and more on the actual experience. If I get a 20+ hour experience from a game for £40 I'm still more than happy to pay £15-20 for something far shorter that's had a small team of people working on it for years.

Soldato
Is this really as good as everyone and the reviews suggest? Not fussed about length vs cost either, as long as its great! I think of it as a cinema trip costs around £20-30 for me and the gf to watch a 2 hr film :D

Soldato
Is this really as good as everyone and the reviews suggest? Not fussed about length vs cost either, as long as its great! I think of it as a cinema trip costs around £20-30 for me and the gf to watch a 2 hr film :D

Yeah it's really superb. If you liked Limbo you will love this. I got around to starting it last night after work and completed it in one go. That's not a testament to how short it is, but more that I couldn't put it down. I completed everything in 4 hours 18 minutes.

Would highly advise some headphones though or a very quiet room so you can experience the ambience of the notes/tones/effects as they are perfectly done.

Soldato
Really want this but can't justify £15 on a 3 hour game...

People spend the same amount on a BluRay they'll only watch once! I treat the cost of a game a bit like I would a series box set. :)

I'll get this as I loved Limbo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom