iRacing

Associate
It intrigued me so I did a quick search:
http://www.yorkmotorsport.com/evan/archives/news/

Go there and search for "skip barber" on that page, it's about half way down and there's a skippy with no wings, fugly thing :p

Also, if you want to save and post a replay I'd be happy to look at it and maybe give some advice? (in the skippy, no point in the mazda :p)

that dont look right lol..

here my prob i think and i just cant seem to get it right, when i come to a sharpish bend i cant keep the speed going as i feel i have to break to get grip so i just spin the other thing is i dont think im turning in fast enough.ive watched a few vids on it and the seem to be carrying loads of speed were as i stuggle to do this..

what setup you use around summit point track???

Soldato
The hairpin can be a bit tricky, especially as my line through the fast right at least leaves me right on the inside. But I brake heavily at the crest and down to first and just take it nice and easy in, then on the power gently almost immediately.

I am probably losing time to the quickest there (more so than everywhere else) but even taking it fairly gently/slowly like that I can do a low 22 fairly easy which seems to be nicely competitive this week...

Associate
The hairpin can be a bit tricky, especially as my line through the fast right at least leaves me right on the inside. But I brake heavily at the crest and down to first and just take it nice and easy in, then on the power gently almost immediately.

I am probably losing time to the quickest there (more so than everywhere else) but even taking it fairly gently/slowly like that I can do a low 22 fairly easy which seems to be nicely competitive this week...

ok thanks again mate...

Associate
When do registrations open for qualifying?

Or, do you just register for the race and are automatically entered into the Qualifiers?

Thanks.

Depends on the series as some dont run everyday. You will have to check the schedule. Every series changes at Tuesday 1am. As a result, qualification lasts for the whole week. You only need to qualify once to do as many races as you like. Hope that makes sense.

Associate
ive just done 2 time trails as im trying to get to c class so i need a 4.0 safety but the MRP thing still says i need 4 more time trials or races...

id that because i went from rookie to d class by getting 4.0 safety yesterday???

Associate
I don't know if it's my new pc (built last week) but everything seems a bit easier to drive, even the SRF and Skip Barber that I was always spinning in.

Does plugging a wheel and pedal into a usb 3 port give extra resolution, they seem to feel a bit more precise?

Soldato
Yes, it does. Am I automatically entered for the Race if am in the qualifiers?

Trying to register for the race but tells me am registered elsewhere.

If you're 'in' a session then the icons at the top-right of the usable page should say something like 'Join', 'Drivers Briefing' and 'Withdraw', click the Withdraw icon and then confirm underneath, that will leave the session and then you'll be able to register for a new one.

ive just done 2 time trails as im trying to get to c class so i need a 4.0 safety but the MRP thing still says i need 4 more time trials or races...

id that because i went from rookie to d class by getting 4.0 safety yesterday???

What were the TT's in, it could be the website being slow to update (it can take 15-30 minutes I think) or if they weren't in the skippy then they don't count towards your MPR.

I don't know if it's my new pc (built last week) but everything seems a bit easier to drive, even the SRF and Skip Barber that I was always spinning in.

Does plugging a wheel and pedal into a usb 3 port give extra resolution, they seem to feel a bit more precise?

Doubt the usb3 port makes a difference, could just be that it's running at a higher framerate which does help quite a bit (plus if your old pc was really bad the logitech software, assuming you have a logitech wheel, takes a fair bit of CPU so might've been having some issues as well)

Or, depending how long it's been it could be the NTM, but that was almost 3 months ago?

Associate
they were in the grand touring cup at spa with the mx5's...

so was in d class so should count right???

never mind 1 has come off now, you must have been right slow site....

Associate
I find if you have a fast pc then unlocking the fps to run free makes the car feel more alive and responsive.

Its not a visual thing as im sure i cant tell the difference between 60 fps and 100 but i think its more to do with lag or something whatever give it a try see what you think.

Back
Top Bottom