iRacing

Associate
Anyone taking part in the Sebring 12 hour this weekend? Weather forecast says 96% chance of heavy rain. That could be fun.

We've got a few cars running (2 GTPs and 3 GT3s) and very much looking forward to it.

Soldato
I'm absolutely buzzing! I tried a few cars out during today's maintenance and to my surprise the F3 and F4 were such good fun, and surprisingly quick to pick up (in terms of being able to complete a lap safely)

I'm only class D, so bought the F4. Been practicing on Mugello throughout the day as I didn't have time to commit to a race (they're every 2 hours as well).

Anyway, did my first race, got pole position (bottom split obviously). Not unusual as I can usually lap alright but fall apart in the races. Got away quickly from the start and led the whole race, even though no one challenged me I had fun. Really tried to focus on racing clean, had a few lapses in concentration but ended with only 3 off tracks and an 8 seconds lead.

My first win since coming back to iRacing, and my first in around 12 years.

I was dead set on the GR86 this season but I really enjoyed that race, so will stick with F4 I think.

Last edited:
Soldato
Congrats on the win! I will pop into f4 this season when I get the chance, I expect my iRating to plummet as I’m a sport car kinda guy (doing gr86 production this season, no rain but bit longer races) but once my open wheel iRating settles I may focus on it a bit more!

Associate
Congrats on the win! I will pop into f4 this season when I get the chance, I expect my iRating to plummet as I’m a sport car kinda guy (doing gr86 production this season, no rain but bit longer races) but once my open wheel iRating settles I may focus on it a bit more!
Well the good news is that they split the irating's into tin top and open wheeler categories

Soldato
Finally did my first race in the rain, the GR86 at Brands Hatch. I know the track from real life but haven't done it in iRacing, and not the layout used in the race today. Started in 10th I think and finished 14th or 15th. I was starting the get the hang of it, but it was a lot harder than I thought it would be. I crashed on the first lap on a straight because I hit some water and lost control.

I was getting constant spotter messages about people going off as well, it was quite funny!

Associate
Dont suppose you need another driver for GT3?
Apologies. Just seen this. Unfortunately the team gaffer now stipulates a minimum team practice time before you can now race. It’s a good thing in that everyone is prepared but does mean last minute additions can’t really happen.

I can send you an invite to the team Discord if you fancy it?

Associate
Well it was the win that got away :(

We did it as a duo and in the end my team mate cost us a lot of time with 2 silly/unnecessary accidents. Lap 1 (In the rain) the dude in front of us spins. Of course we are following way too close so hit him. 8 minutes of repairs. Amazingly we then managed to get back up to 2nd place with just under 6 hours remaining and even take the lead. I'm patiently waiting to get in the car for my double stint when my team mates blows it lapping a slower GT3 car. 12 mins of repairs. We took the repairs and continued finishing up an eventual 4th place (I will say that my last 2 stints were fudging amasing). Not a bad result considering the repair delays but a bad result when we so could have won.

Disappointed out race only had an hour and a half of wetness before we had to pit for drys. I think a lot of people complained about the forecast prior to the race and as a result iRacing kinda **** it and pandered to the complainers. In the wet we were seconds a lap faster than everybody else in our class (once our car was fixed).

Soldato
OP
Ok, not played this for a while, family life etc etc, am now an old man and would very much like to get back involved.

Will my G25 still be upto par? I have the Leo Bodnar pedal adapter which increases pedal DPI which at the time, made a huge difference. To the feel of the pedals, not my driving, that was consistently awful :D

Soldato
Ok, not played this for a while, family life etc etc, am now an old man and would very much like to get back involved.

Will my G25 still be upto par? I have the Leo Bodnar pedal adapter which increases pedal DPI which at the time, made a huge difference. To the feel of the pedals, not my driving, that was consistently awful :D

Not been playing online cause VM but the G25 wheel is still perfectly fine and I'd imagine the pedals would be too (mine 'broke' so I splased out on a new set as you do...)

On that note was pricing up before the easter weekend a full rig setup... Rig (no chair, got one randomly) + Moza R12 base + Moza KS wheel came to £1336.9x, basically 1337, and I'm old enough for that to be a sign! :cry:

Back
Top Bottom