iRacing

Soldato
OP
What monitors did you get for the side screens? This iRacing is costing me a fortune:p

And the cycle begins again on OCUK in the iRacing thread :)

The Sim gets soo much bad rep from those who have never and have no intention of ever playing it but the reality is, the majority of those who do play it, think it is awesome.

Soldato
OP
All I really want is a decent sim with online racing that's not full of wreckers and rammers.

Racedepartment are a good bunch for organised, clean racing if you like Race 07.

iRacing is solely online and the game is geared around that and is one of the reasons why I like it.

Personally, I play iRacing and Race 07 a LOT.

Soldato
OP
I appologise for the double post as I did post this in "Windows and other software" but thought no harm posting in here as you guys are "in the loop" and will understand what I am trying to achieve.

There is a small group of us who play various racing games and I would like to create an active championship table.

I will be using Google Docs as I would also prefer it all to be web based.

What I would like is a form to enter in the results of each race with the following details:

Who got pole
Race position
Who got fastest lap

The above would tally up with a set number of pre-defined points being allocated.

Using that information, it would then show it in a nice championship table?

I am thinking of creating a spreadsheet with the team names (players) and creating a table listing what points are awarded for which getting pole, race position and fastest lap.

I think it should be possible to then create a form linking into the spreadsheet for entering results from races. To make it simple, a form which shows all the teams and you then have check boxes indicating who got pole and fastest lap and drop down box for selecting position of each team.

Would it then be possible to link the results of the form into a table?

I hope that makes sense to someone.

Many thanks.

I have looked for an "off the shelf" solution and although there are MANY for football leagues, I see none for racing games.

So, I am going to make my own and share the template with anyone should it turn out to be any good :)

Soldato
OP
Windows 8 G25/G27 owners rejoice:

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/PC-Ga...-Windows-8-consumer-prewiew/m-p/831533#M11210

CharlesB said:
So, we've found the issue. We're not sure if it's a Windows bug or an installer bug, but some DLLs are not being properly registered. We're going to update the installer soon, but for the time being, I have a manual trick that you can do, after install of LGS 5.10, that'll register the correct files.

NOTE: If you have windows installed to a non-C partition, then you'll have to go ahead and make your own alterations to the below commands

For 64-bit systems:
Launch the Command window in Admin mode
Type: cd C:\Windows\System32
Press Enter
Type: regsvr32.exe "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\WMDrivers\wmjoyfrc.dll
Press Enter, click OK
Type: regsvr32.exe "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\WMDrivers\wmjoyf32.dll
Press Enter, click OK
Close Command Prompt

For 32-bit systems:
Launch the Command window in Admin mode
Type: cd C:\Windows\System32
Press Enter
Type: regsvr32.exe "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\WMDrivers\wmjoyfrc.dll
Press Enter, click OK
Close Command Prompt

Soldato
OP
It looked to me like you back end was on its way out anyway? You had left a door open, he tried to take it but the door got shut for one reason or another.

To be fair, the other guy was simply following the racing line at the point of contact and although it is not compulsory, some will say that maybe you should have yielded, especially if it was a mistake on your behalf which led yourself going wide. It is unfair to expect the guy behind to either take your racing line to avoid contact or to slow down to a level which would jeopardise his own race. Sometimes, mistakes are made and all you can do is let someone pass and work to get the place back. HOWEVER, if it was the first lap, common sense dictates that he was maybe a little too eager.

To be impartial, would be good to see it from the other guys driving position.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I'm interested in I-Racing but have 2 quick questions.

- Does it have auto clutch?
- For the standard $10 a month or whatever it is, does that include everything or have you got to spend anymore on decent cars/tracks

It does have an "auto clutch" feature.

Regarding content, think of it like a traditional MMO.

You pay per month.

If new expansion packs are released, you purchase them once and get the additional content to play with as long as you wish.

It is better to think of the gametime per £ element though as an extra car/track will give soo much game time, it is silly.

It would be VERY WRONG to think of content as simple "DLC" as that is not right at all.

Soldato
OP
Well...

Autumn is nearly here which means time to race.

My account has been inactive for a while since spring.

Just received an email offering 2 years for the price of 1 ($99).

Time to get out of these Mazdas, been stuck in the rookies for a year - lol.

Time to get my *** into gear.

Soldato
OP
I finally registered last week and to be honest I haven't gotten into it at all. The Cadillac feels strange to me, always wants to oversteer mid corner as though pivoting on a centre point. The Mazda feels better but its too slow to be much fun.

The sounds are weak too but the graphics are great imo. I prefer the crisp, clean look over the OTT post processed graphics I usually see in other racers.

I'm going to put more time into it but I don't see me buying any additional content for it.

Stick with it.

How many races have you won in the Mazda?

Just renewed via the "2 years for 1 / Please come back" promo.

2 years for £68'ish is a bargain.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
How come this thread is so dead, I thought OcUK had a strong iRacing following? :( 50% off at the moment, it's tempting me into trying it. I only have a 360 controller though. :(

Most people get pre-occupied during the summer months hence why it was quiet.

I am expecting to start Racing again in the next few weeks when the weather starts getting cold.

For 50% off, give it a shot. Any questions, ask away.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I wished I the skill and/or patience and time to practice enough to enjoy races like that. At the moment I'm so far off the pace that I end up with a few laps of racing other cars. After that I'm mostly lapping by myself, doing my best to keep it on the black stuff.

Me too.

Are there enough iRacing noobs here to warrant a private race one night?

Back
Top Bottom