iRacing

Associate
Well, I think I spoke too soon after last week!

Practice and Qual (@Daytona road) went very well, had decent place from the start.

Race 1: got ahead with a friend by 10 secs mid race, having a great tussle as we were evenly paced when I slim on the corner before entering the oval (it seems to have a slight rise as you come off the kerbing on the left) race ended by a back marker who ran straight through me going into the bus stop. Had to protest a guy who turned the wrong way in track deliberately and wild another guy out. He had 600 irating.

Race 2: spun at T1 L1, made a few more errors, and finished up about halfway up the field again.

Race 3: got out in the lead from T1, 5 laps in I look down and realise I have Qual fuel. Doh. Think I came back from 16th to 6th.

Race 4: can't remember this one but it didn't end well either!

Race 5: race ended on T1, spun up the rears when I was straight and took out another guy unfortunately. If like to say he was understanding but he was recently caught cheating in WSCS...

Race 6: I want sure whether to race or not anymore! But... Finally a win!

Race 7: slowdown penalty through the bus stop while in the lead of lap 4, a back market drafts me and I let him by as we get to the start line, I stay high and he side swiped me, ending my race. He had 600 irating (different guy from before)

Race 8: finished 3rd as car 3. Antoine Higelin was there and for a short while I troubled him before he did the alien thing and took off!

I am signed up for the 2.4 but at the minute I'm also signed up in the GOT ENDURANCE SERIES, hoping to get out of the race as I would much rather run this. My consistency is much better than it sounds here, most of my mistakes have been L1, it's like a bloody ice rink!

Best time so far is a 1:46.2.

Lost about 300 irating and 1.5 safety. Bugger!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
In my opinion, their payment model will not go down well with the masses, they are asking for trouble.

And to be honest.. when the mainstream realise that...

"To play privately with a friend will cost you 50c an hour....."

The **** will hit the fan.

Even more so when they realise the payment model is more MMO like as in "No subs, lose access to EVERYTHING you have purchased ingame".

rFactor 2 in a private league is a very good alternative.

Associate
I couldn't get the steam overlay to work.

Having a better week so far, 1:11.4 at Summit Point in the RUF, bagged a win today, hopefully I have time to catch a SOF race over the weekend.

Been doing more rookie ovals, just starting from the pits so I can get my C licence and start racing the Silverado.

Soldato
Was set for a great WSCS race last night. Car #1, #2, #4 and #5 were all in the RUF class. Started off and it was pretty tight, and after 6 or so laps the HPD leaders came through clean enough leaving around 1 second gap between us all. Then came the HPD backmarkers, one of which I can only assume was having some kind of fit and was all over the track and side-swiped me off the track.

It was only a 0x, but it forced me over the grass. Philip Island has some nasty bumps in these areas and it ruined the rear suspension. From that point on I was stuck doing 36s in stead of 34s and my race was pretty much done. Even after waiting 45 seconds for the optional repairs at the pit stop the car was no better :(

The major problem with WSCS is the dregs of the HPD classes. If you manage to get in to a timeslot which splits the racing is so much better.

Man of Honour
Too many cars, too many series and not enough competent drivers, means only the most popular series will have splits.

The track and time of day have an impact on participation as well.

Soldato
Yeah. WSCS has been struggling to go official this week, let alone split. I guess not many people have Philip Island as last week at Laguna was great - some of the best racing I've had since I joined in fact.

It's a bad week for the CSpec in general really. Summit Point and Philip Island. At least there's the 2.4 at Daytona this weekend :D

Back
Top Bottom