Is Amazon delivery getting worse?

Soldato
I'm not surprised their quality has dipped.

A couple of weeks ago I saw a guy in a 1 series BMW doing Amazon deliveries, his missus in the passenger seat.

How do I know he was doing Amazon deliveries? Well, I walked by I could see that his boot was full of the very distinctive Amazon packages/envelopes - and he was digging through this to find the specific one that he needs to deliver.

As an Amazon customer... that's really not how I expect to get my stuff delivered.

Associate
For me, parcels are arriving later and later.

The Amaazon drivers also, often, do not read the simple instructions I ask them to follow.

My front door opens outwards. I request that parcels are left to the side of the door, not in front of it.

Anything heavy left in front of the door results in me struggling to get out. The lighter parcels get knocked over when I open the door too.

Sometimes, parcels are delivered by a lad in a car stuffed full of amazon items. It's ok though, as he is wearing a hi-viz jacket :rolleyes:

Caporegime
Just moved house and fortunately Amazon deliveries seem goodv(IE when the courier is Amazon). Most of the time I have an Amazon branded van and a bloke in the uniform. Only occasionally it's been a randomer in a car (mostly at weekends)

Associate
Using their own drivers isn't to bad, when they use people like DPD it's bad, DPD just use their drop of shops, if I pay for delivery to my address then I expect it, not to be notified it's been delivered and awaiting pickup.

Soldato
Mostly depends where you live I think. Only time I've had something not turn up the day it was supposed to had a whinge in live chat and boom free month credited.

Soldato
They're making people work for free against their will?

Yea basically.

They close small businesses down, giving less opportunities for people to work at other places, reducing competition between employers and people still need to work.

As there are fewer opportunities they can basically treat their staff like **** and pay minimum they can get away with.

Caporegime
They're making people work for free against their will?
killed the highstreet dead and isn't really any cheaper now anyway.

I wouldn't say its been a good thing for the world.

always been reliable in my experience though, unlike RM who only deliver every 2-3 days now.... and I know that from the amount of letters I get on those days it';s totally obvious they are holding letters back

Last edited:
Soldato

always been reliable in my experience though, unlike RM who only deliver every 2-3 days now.... and I know that from the amount of letters I get on those days it';s totally obvious they are holding letters back

Not denying that. Was just questioning the comparison.

Soldato

My local post lady told me there only delivering letters 3 days a week.

Associate
Only issue i've had recently and i think this i just a lazy driver issue is that he just leaves all the parcels for 3-4 houses around me on 1 persons doorstep knocks then just leaves for us to then get them to the right house.

Soldato
they are a really odd company these days, i bought something quite large and heavy for about £7 and they posted it half way across Europe for free because i had a 30 free prime trial. Surely they lost £10 - £15 on postage

Caporegime
they are a really odd company these days, i bought something quite large and heavy for about £7 and they posted it half way across Europe for free because i had a 30 free prime trial. Surely they lost £10 - £15 on postage
they will transport whole containers/truck trailers at a time though so if there's space I guess it doesn't really cost much money.

Amazons weird with some items being only from their EU warehouses, but good items that I'd imagine have nice margins..
then you see tons of absolute tat that is fulfilled and shipped by amazon on the behalf of a third party seller, that will be in a UK warehouse...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom