It's too hot :(

Soldato
For someone who historically used to tan very easily, I now have a life of getting burned instead despite getting the SPF 50 on. Decided to ditch the Nivea now as it's far too greasy and it's icky when peeling off your skin. Bought some stuff from Grumm as well as a specific face one

Soldato
Quite deceiving yesterday with a ENE cooler wind blowing along the coast, but still managed a decent colour while out for a bike ride.
Today we've got a SSW so expecting rain.

Man of Honour
For someone who historically used to tan very easily, I now have a life of getting burned instead despite getting the SPF 50 on. Decided to ditch the Nivea now as it's far too greasy and it's icky when peeling off your skin. Bought some stuff from Grumm as well as a specific face one

I swear by Ambre Solaire SPF 50 spray, unfortunately I burn very easily. I hate greasy sun creams as my skin doesn't really absorb them which probably reduces effectiveness - the Ambre Solaire stuff I've never burnt unless I've not applied proper coverage/missed a bit.

Last edited:
Associate
Don't live on a floodplain then.
I'm not exactly on a flood plain, more down to insufficient surface drainage. We have a culvert pipe that runs under our road that gets backed up in torrential rain. The local council has had years to deal with the problem but just ignores it. A local Councillor has taken up the challenge but as always the council and the other agency's involved aren't quick in their response.

Soldato
I'm not exactly on a flood plain, more down to insufficient surface drainage. We have a culvert pipe that runs under our road that gets backed up in torrential rain. The local council has had years to deal with the problem but just ignores it. A local Councillor has taken up the challenge but as always the council and the other agency's involved aren't quick in their response.

Have similar issues locally, that only get cleaned when the sniffling little ***** need the public to vote for them.

Don't live on a floodplain then.

Top tip there...

Associate
Have similar issues locally, that only get cleaned when the sniffling little ***** need the public to vote for them.

Top tip there...
Yes I know but it is a rare event for us(2× in 37yrs ) it wouldn't be that much of a problem if the culvert pipes could actually take the volume of water.

Back
Top Bottom