It's too hot :(

Caporegime
I saw soo many people out the window wearing coats like winter ones.. leather jackets etc..

so I went out for bike ride in a light weight hoodie and jeans, only went around a few local parks and came home.

was starting too sweat balls, of sweat.

My bikes electric too so it's noy much effort, why are people out in coats at 20c+ ?
I bet they feel full wet, imagine being trapped next to one on a bus.

It's not like it's fat people either who might feel uncomfortable in only one layer.

Last edited:
Soldato
I saw soo many people out the window wearing coats like winter ones.. leather jackets etc..

so I went out for bike ride in a light weight hoodie and jeans, only went around a few local parks and came home.

My bikes electric too so it's noy much effort, why are people out in coats at 20c+ ?

It's not like it's fat people either who might feel uncomfortable in only one layer.

The amount of people who wear wholly unsuitable clothing boggles me at times. For example, the people who have to wear beanie hats all year round, even in the height of summer, what's that all about?

Man of Honour

I wear trousers and a light jumper/hoodie type of top when it's 20C and feel fine. not everyone feels that 20C is warm.

Associate
The amount of people who wear wholly unsuitable clothing boggles me at times. For example, the people who have to wear beanie hats all year round, even in the height of summer, what's that all about?
My daughters partner wears a hat of various descriptions because he shaves his head and is in the building trade so can be out in the sun all day sometimes. Also I think he was self conscious about his receding hairline.

Soldato
Another gorgeous day wall to wall sunshine here, its supposed to rain overnight/early next morning though, seems impossible at this point

Cuz its cool, innit bruv

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not exactly on a flood plain, more down to insufficient surface drainage. We have a culvert pipe that runs under our road that gets backed up in torrential rain. The local council has had years to deal with the problem but just ignores it. A local Councillor has taken up the challenge but as always the council and the other agency's involved aren't quick in their response.
Theres a similar problem in town theres an area that everytime theres heavy rain it comes up through the drains and not just floodwater either, sewage its been an ongoing problem for years everytime it happens theres a major uproar and it keeps happening again and again...

Associate
Theres a similar problem in town theres an area that everytime theres heavy rain it comes up through the drains and not just floodwater either, sewage its been an ongoing problem for years everytime it happens theres a major uproar and it keeps happening again and again...
Yes, the same here. The culvert was started over 100yrs ago to cover a little brook to allow housing to be built. I remember playing at some allotments where it came our into the open for about 50ft then go into the pipe again under a schools playing field, then comes open again. The allotments have gone and a small play park is halfway up the hill but the culvert has been covered over, so nowhere for excess water to go to

Caporegime

I overheated on Sunday. I was briskly walking and it was mid 20s.just cotton t shirt and some shorts. But the top was probably too heavy. Doesn't take much in terms of "exercise" to overheat.

Tbh I think it's the humidity in the UK.

Back
Top Bottom