JOKER 2: Folie à Deux

Soldato
Why the hell has it gone down the musical route? The first film made over $1 billion at the box office, I will be surprised if this gets anywhere near that. Musicals are a bit niche with the odd exception.

I’ll wait till it’s on streaming and I can fast forward.

Soldato
I remember going to the cinema to watch Evita, i did not know the whole thing was singing; i loved it. However, 3/4 if not more of the cinema got up and left.

So yeah, musicals are deffo a niche thing.

Soldato
Why the hell has it gone down the musical route? The first film made over $1 billion at the box office, I will be surprised if this gets anywhere near that. Musicals are a bit niche with the odd exception.
I’m wondering this too. The crossover of fans of the original (or rather, dare I say “comic book fans”) with musical fans is probably very small. They’re just alienating a big fan base :confused: whereas what you’re supposed to do with a sequel is lock in that fan base for guaranteed ticket sales. It’s so odd.

Soldato
Don't know why they had to go and ruin this by making it a musical.... :confused: I hope it flops and they learn an expensive lesson.

Back
Top Bottom