Just Arrived! VSonic VSD3S

Soldato
OP
Thanks for reminding me about the Genus, they really are an interesting little IEM.

AlecR, the SteelSeries Flux are very capable for the money too, which I found to be really surprising given that they are marketed as gaming IEMs.

Soldato
OP
Probably too late for that, thankfully most fakes are really easy to spot. Especially fake FiiO/VSonics.

If you do go for the VSonics, make sure you buy through lendmeurears - delivery is quick and they are the only licensed reseller for VSonic in the world, meaning no fakes.

Soldato
What would the rock jaws be like for running and mountain biking, just about to order Shure se215. Does anyone have other alternatives? Can get the sennheiser ie60 for £109

Soldato
OP
What would the rock jaws be like for running and mountain biking, just about to order Shure se215. Does anyone have other alternatives? Can get the sennheiser ie60 for £109

What sound signature are you looking for? Plenty of good options in the £100 range - of which the SE215 is undoubtedly one of them. GR07 Classic or Bass Edition are both excellent considerations as well, and very highly regarded.

Soldato
Slightly warmer than clinical, fit is the most important with running and biking as I don't want them falling out with moving around and my ears sweating

Soldato
OP
I'd consider the GR07 Classic then, VSonics always have excellent fit in my experience - especially if you run them over-ear and ensure you have the right tips (Shure Olives are sublime imo, but they supplied tips are very good as well). The supplied ear-guides might help you too, though I cant say for sure as they're always too big for my baby ears.

Soldato
OP
The Shure 'Olives' have the model number PA910. If you google Shure PA910 you get a whole host of options in terms of size, type, number etc :) earphonesolutions.com is an official Shure stockist and offers a 5 pack for $15 dollars.

Soldato
OP
Are the cables detachable? How do these compare to the GR07?

For the VS3D-S? Yes they are. Compared to the GR07, they're a touch more on the warm side, slightly less clarity and detail retrieval, smaller soundstage. I'd say they're 66% of the GR07 Classics for 33% of the price :) That being said, if I had the budget for the the GR07s, I would buy those instead (and also get them over the SE215s personally).

Back
Top Bottom