Just Arrived! VSonic VSD3S

Associate
Okay thanks didnt even know that so I will purchase but need to think about colour. I hope they were solid colour. Also what is the diffrence between VSD3S and VSD3? Lastly would they be suitable for base heavy music (dubstep, rock some chart music)?

Soldato
OP
Okay thanks didnt even know that so I will purchase but need to think about colour. I hope they were solid colour. Also what is the diffrence between VSD3S and VSD3? Lastly would they be suitable for base heavy music (dubstep, rock some chart music)?

The VSD3-S has the better bass imo - see these comments:

Erm, tough one. S has slighty more bass presence and better bass response. Slightly warmer sound.

I personally prefer the S, it depends on what sound signature you're looking for.

Not from my experience :p VS3 has more forward vocals, so it sounds a bit more aggressive than the -S, as a result the bass doesn't stand out quite as much. It also made the VS3 sound a bit more 'artificial'

They would definitely be suitable for rock/dub, they're epic for that, as those are the kind of genres this sound signature lends itself to.

VSonic offers the VSD3/-S in solid colours and smoked colours, I personally have the smoked grey colour but it might as well be solid :)

Associate
The VSD3-S has the better bass imo - see these comments:
They would definitely be suitable for rock/dub, they're epic for that, as those are the kind of genres this sound signature lends itself to.

VSonic offers the VSD3/-S in solid colours and smoked colours, I personally have the smoked grey colour but it might as well be solid :)

Can you post some pictures of close up and far and how much see through are they?

Soldato
OP
Can you post some pictures of close up and far and how much see through are they?

24q8l1c.jpg
2m3lk40.jpg

Not the best pictures, but the only one I have to hand :)

Associate
:D Just out of interest does the this VSD3S have any sibilance as from time to time i love to listen to electro house music? Also People talked about their treble being artificial do you guys agree with it?

Soldato
OP
Its artificial on the VSD3 to me. Not so much on the -S. I have read some reviews about sibilance but its not something I have noticed before and I listen to my fair share of electro-/furture-house.

Associate
Okay, I'm almost sold about these. Is strain relief for this earphone good enough as I dont want them to break within 5 months like my skull candy (cheap ones for a £10.), one of them stopped working completely.

Soldato
OP
I couldn't tell you - I've only had them for three and in that time VSonic have revised the model by adding more strain relief :p It will come down (mostly), as with all IEMs, to how you use them and how you look after them :)

Associate
Okay no worries. I usually put my earphones into my pocket so that is probably why they break. Anyway, now question is how good are they compare to other headphones like RHA MA750 or rock jaw alfa genus ( I considered these but I'm afraid that ebony will wear out quickly)

Soldato
OP
I prefer them to the MA750, but then they have a different sound signature so that comes down to preference. I also prefer them as they are lighter and imo more aesthetically pleasing.

I have not heard the Rock Jaw Alfa Genus so Im afraid I cant comment.

Back
Top Bottom