"Just stop oil"

Soldato
Usually referred to as https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jury_nullification They're actually acting within the confines of the jury system when they do that, not disobeying any laws etc.
I absolutely accept that it is fundemental part of the system and is in many ways an essential safety valve against unjust laws. But in this instance, smashing **** up is not an unjust law and when you are bang to rights for doing it the jury is wrong to nullify. Like I said before sanctimonious ***** stroking thier own egos.

Soldato
seems Branson's ecological sustainable aviation fuel gesture is a bit empty

Virgin’s transatlantic flight is Virent, an organisation based in Wisconsin. Virent makes SAF from conventional sugars such as corn, mixed with wood, agricultural waste and used cooking oil.

As with coconuts, any crop grown for fuel competes with foodstuffs and pushes the agricultural frontier further into forests and peatlands, with large releases of carbon.

But what of the waste products? Surely reusing cooking oils offers a sustainable solution? Unfortunately, in a notoriously unregulated market, it seems not.

Another of Virgin’s suppliers, Neste, collects cooking oils from sources worldwide, including McDonald’s restaurants in the Netherlands and food processing plants in California, Oregon and Washington. The US Department of Agriculture alleges that some trade in SAF feedstocks – including from Indonesia to Neste’s refinery in Singapore – may be “fraudulent”.

Neste has denied the claim. But, even if its used cooking oil is entirely legitimate, there is still an allegation that palm oil from plantations responsible for tropical deforestation is being marketed as used cooking oil.

Virgin Atlantic maintains that the SAF it uses is made entirely from used cooking oil. However, if the aviation industry bets big on used cooking oil, it is feared it will turbocharge tropical logging and the extermination of the orangutan and countless other endangered species.
Virgin’s transatlantic flight is Virent, an organisation based in Wisconsin. Virent makes SAF from conventional sugars such as corn, mixed with wood, agricultural waste and used cooking oil.

The real kicker is that even if all used cooking oils were traceable and sustainably sourced, they are not scalable. The US collects around 600,000 tonnes of used cooking oil each year. If every last drop were diverted to SAFs, it would meet at most 1% of America’s current aviation demand.

Caporegime
OP
Oh that's hilarious, it's clearly behind glass so it won't be damaged, and I love the way the security react by simply covering them up so nobody can see them, rendering their excercise completely pointless :D

I forgot about this lot for a bit, but I guess summer's coming so their moral compasses are starting to work again.

Sadly this is the result of the society we've built, where everyone's opinion matters, everyone should have a voice and a good old fashioned hiding is considered violence. I reckon we give them a proper good old fashioned beating and see if they do it again.

Soldato
^This isn’t the ‘Just Stop Oil’ brigade, this is a different bunch of loops using similar tactics -?
Seems like it's the Just Stop Riposting gang, sore loser fencers who can't deal with Riposte

Caporegime
OP
Funny enough we were stood at some temporary lights this morning and I remarked to my wife that summer must be coming as the roads are all being dug up again. Her response was "we just need those ******** to start blocking the roads again and we'll be ready for the heat".

Same day, you post this.

Like clockwork :D

Back
Top Bottom