Kerbal Space Program

Soldato
Bigger does not always = better :( :D

KSP2011-07-2603-19-14-86.jpg

KSP2011-07-2603-18-34-47.jpg

KSP2011-07-2603-16-34-40.jpg

KSP2011-07-2603-13-37-22.jpg

Caporegime
RE: Geforce, I made something like 90+ geforce on rentry. From 3km/s to ~400m/s in less than a second or so as I entered atmos. I think that's the numbers, it was ages ago :)

In that flight for which I posted a screenshot, where we'd got so far into space we could never return, I was surprised upon aborting to note we'd pulled 130G at some point.

That's without landing or re-entry... bug I think...

Man of Honour
Just downloading 0.9.

the improvements sounds like it'll make it far less frustrating.

The 0.9 release has many improvements to the game, most importantly:

A completely overhauled staging system, to make stage editing a lot more user-friendly and easy to understand
A new type of part, called a Strut Connector, that allows linking any two parts together for greater structural integrity
A new Settings screen, where you can customize Video, Audio and Controls.
And a heap of bugfixes and tweaks

and hopefully that bug fix, fixes my misfiring of solid booster rockets.

Soldato
It also looks like time's running out for the free download - $7.00 USD pre order or more when it's out, i'm not sure... as i said i would love to use Orbiter, which is free, it just isn't free (gratis versus libre) and as such it's not really worth trying on Linux :(

Man of Honour
if what they plan to do comes along, then $7 is a bargain.
Solar system with laudable planets, space stations and the lot.
and $7 is like £5 which is a good price point, throw away money.

Soldato
Well we'll see how well this version works in Wine... love the loading screen though :D

So anyway, it seemed to work well to begin with - i tried changing the video settings to 1440x900 full screen and it crashed, now i can't get it to run at all even if i delete and re-extract it :(

Last edited:
Soldato
The stage system always worked properly, the only issue with it was that for some reason you had to re-arrange the stages on the launch pad, not when you were building it.

Man of Honour
what the hell.. lol.

What parts/packs are you guys using?

Im just using standard ive escaped earth, however I've lost it as well, its gone. The connector bars are so good.

unledchl.png

I so cant wait for there to be a moon and an onboard computer and some more parts. I hope they dont release it to soon and make you pay $7 just for this.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Well we'll see how well this version works in Wine... love the loading screen though :D

So anyway, it seemed to work well to begin with - i tried changing the video settings to 1440x900 full screen and it crashed, now i can't get it to run at all even if i delete and re-extract it :(

Just been reading the blog, the problem with macs is the graphics. However the new nice graphics will work with macs.

Yes, a Mac version has been proven to work with the new system, and will be released with the 0.10 update.

Set realise for 0.10 is 5th of september so not long to wait for your Mac fix.
Oh and just run in a window, until they make it full screen.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
New version out, including Mac release

http://kerbalspace.tumblr.com/post/9917475997/ksp-0-10-pc-and-mac-release
Hi!
I’m happy to say that version 0.10 of KSP is now available for download, both for PC and Mac.
This update features, among other things:
A completely overhauled terrain system. Much more stable and reliable.
Full joystick support and better input settings.
The improved R8 Winglet, which can respond to your input for better flight control.
The full changelog is available on this forum thread.
Happy Launchings!
CHeers

KSP 0.10 is Released!

New:
* Completely overhauled procedural terrain system. Much more reliable and stable.
* The whole planet can now detect collisions, so ejected parts can now land safely.
* The terrain mesh is far more stable, shorelines and mountains no longer wobble.
* The new terrain system is completely translation and rotation-safe. It can be moved dynamically without breaking visually.
* An Orbital analysis and propagation system, allowing for a complete planetary simulation, among many other possibilities, is ready for implementation.
* Terrain quads are now queded for subdivision, to improve performance
* The terrain system now allows for a secondary target object, so both the ship and the camera can subdivide the terrain.
* Mini settings screen for in-game tweaks.
* New (much better) shader for water.
* The R8 Winglet now responds to input, and can be used as an elevator, canard, aileron, rudder, or any combination.
* It is now possible to crank anti-aliasing up to 8x.
* Joystick Support.

* A working Mac OSX version!

Bug Fixes:
* Hi-subdivision tiles now have mesh colliders, which means the far side of the planet is no longer an insta-death trap.
* Fixed the textures stretching near the terminator
* The camera will no longer go through the ground.
* The terrain collision mesh now perfectly matches the visual terrain.
* Fixed a problem with the atmosphere, where it would fade in and out at specific points in orbit.
* Fixed a few problems with some game settings not being correctly applied on game start.
* Fixed a problem with the volume settings where explosions would sometimes sound out even with volume at 0%
* Added a basic compatibility/integrity check on loading ships. If it fails, the ship won't load but the game won't crash.

Back
Top Bottom