Kingdom Come : Deliverance 2

Soldato
The first one i loved and enjoyed so much despite the poor performance.

If its anything like the first one i'm going to thoroughly enjoy this new iteration.

Always loved the fact of a growing sense of power, starting from zero to becoming highly respected. Like the NPC's would greet your differently and pay respects to you compared to when you was a peasant.

Always loved the fact of a growing sense of power, starting from zero to becoming highly respected. Like the NPC's would greet your differently and pay respects to you compared to when you was a peasant
It's actually something I have of a concern for the next version if you're playing only as Henry, as the first one nailed it so beautifully how while you as a player are beginner and rubbish at sword fighting, bow and arrows, so is Henry, and as you understand the mechanics, so then does Henry, but now Henry is good at them, so what happens now when you're a beginner and he shouldn't be. I hope they don't go down the "bonk to the head and he forgets everything" route.

Soldato
It's actually something I have of a concern for the next version if you're playing only as Henry, as the first one nailed it so beautifully how while you as a player are beginner and rubbish at sword fighting, bow and arrows, so is Henry, and as you understand the mechanics, so then does Henry, but now Henry is good at them, so what happens now when you're a beginner and he shouldn't be. I hope they don't go down the "bonk to the head and he forgets everything" route.

Maybe he takes an arrow to the knee, gets amnesia and resets to level 0? :cry:

Soldato
I mean we can see in the trailer that Henry gets captured and tortured. Maybe the second game will follow directly from the first in the prologue, but then there will be a timeskip in a prison that will revert Henry's skills somewhat (but not all the way, obviously). We'll see.

Soldato

Of course it does,it's a cliche. Or they pull a TW3 where although you were the best swordfighter in the world, got all your memories back and then some new adventures, you'd get your bottom kicked by a peasant or a higher level soldier - which, btw, could be a better monster hunter than you since they're OP! but hey, RpG mEcHaNicS! People will swallow all up and be amazed!

Last edited:
but hey, RpG mEcHaNicS! People will swallow all up and be amazed

It can work well. Zelda did a great job of it with botw to totk and also with OOT to MM.

Not quite the same but kotor1 was really well done with why you're rubbish and have no skills but then can quickly learn new ones and become a powerful master at them.

It's just when it's too forced and lazy that it ends up being annoying.

I hope they don't go with flashbacks too, like how wither 3 did it as that too is a bore as although it is the game still, it felt like not really what you're there for. I want to play as my character now, now my character or another from 10 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom