• Yes

SOUND​

• Speaker
    • No-built in speaker
    • DTS HP:X
    • Yes

DIMENSIONS/WEIGHTS​

• With Stand (WxHxD)
    • 23.8" x 22.6" x 10.2"(Up) 23.8" x 18.3" x10.2"(Down)
    • Without Stand (WxHxD)
    • 23.8" x 13.8" x 1.8"
    • Shipping Dimensions (WxHxD)
    • 31.8" x 7.1" x 20.9"
    • With Stand Weight
    • 16.2 lbs
    • Without Stand Weight
    • 11.1 lbs
    • Shipping Weight
    • 24.3 lbs

STAND​

• Tilt(Angle)
    • -5º ~ 15º degree
    • Swivel (Angle)
    • -10º ~ 10º degree
    • Height(mm)
    • 0 ~ 110mm
    • Pivot
    • Counterclockwise
    • Display Position Adjustments
    • Tilt/Height/Swivel/Pivot
    • One Click Stand Set-up
    • Yes
    • Base Detachable
    • Yes

CABINET/ACCESSORIES​

• Power Cord
    • Yes
    • Remote Control
    • Yes
    • Display Port Cable
    • Yes
    • HDMI Cable
    • Yes
    • Calibration Report (Paper)
    • Yes
    • Others (Accessory)
    • Cable Holder
    • USB A to B Cable
    • Yes

WARRANTY/UPC​

• Limited Warranty
    • 1 Year Parts and Labour

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
A lot of info has not been provided yet by LG. Like max brightness in sdr and hdr, and anti burn in features and other things.

It does have a matte screen which 50% of people will like and 50% will not. It also has a polarizer layer so it will be very interesting to see bright room performance between this and the QD-OLEDs

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
LG releases brightness details for SDR

The monitor has a max SDR brightness of 200 nits and it's achieved with windows under 25% size. At 100% window size max brightness is 120nits.

Compared to QD OLED monitors which have 250 nits at 25% window and 250 nits at 100% window.

Meaning users will see significant dimming in normal desktop use of the LG monitor. LG has yet to release the HDR specs

Soldato
OP
First review is out

unfortunately it doesn't get particularly bright for HDR and the QD-OLED monitors are significantly brighter and have better colors. What the LG has going for it is the best total latency of any monitor on the market

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
+20% to brightness won't make 2000 nits.
Maybe unless pushing pixels to burning out in hours level...

And would definitely treat advertised schedules with plus year, two or three extra.
OLED has simply been so consistent in falling behind promises.

The brightness boost can be much higher than 20%. Unfortunately the brightness boost depends on panel size, smaller the screen the less benefit, larger gets more benefit - on the 77 inch it gets 70% boost to brightness.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Bloke doesn't even have a gaming pc, what a waste...

Yep lmao, I remember a few months ago in a video he just straight up says "guys I never game on pc so I won't be keeping this monitor". I have no idea why he reviewers any monitors or PC components because he doesn't actually use any of them

Soldato
OP
it's been confirmed this new LG 27 inch 240hz OLED panel in this monitor and some others, like the upcoming ones from Asus and Acer are also using the new MLA panels like the LG G3 TV

Soldato
OP
Both monitors are maxed

The blooming seen is a camera problem, they do struggle with bright light especially cheaper ones

Soldato
OP
Anyone seen this review? Doesn’t sound good

I'm sorry but this guy comes across as a total amateur. I do know the brightest is dim and the matte coating isn't great but he does a few dumb things and dumb complaints in the video.

* He says any monitor needs at least 300nits of SDR brightness or it's useless. I have an Alienware QDOLED which gets brighter than this LG and for ray to day use I have mine running at 100 nits in SDR and I have no problem using it even with lights on in the room.

* He says the diffused RGB light on his desk is brighter than the monitor. Such a weird complaint, of course lights are brighter, also how does he have so much rgb it illuminates his entire room in bright light and lastly, RGB lights have brightness adjustment, I know cause I adjust mine lower when I'm playing a dark horror game and want the authentic experience - and yet he acts like this is an issue

* Then says the 240hz doesn't matter because other LG monitors have similar ghosting and he proceeds to put up a UFO test on screen where the OLED clearly looks better... like what the ****

Soldato
OP
The review is now live publicly for everyone :)

Nice review

I'm jealous it has a remote, on my Alienware infrequently changing settings and would love a remote to do it with, I don't think any Alienware panels have this. Pitty it's 27inch I don't think I can go back to 27 now that I'm used to 34.

I don't think the HDR brightness is too bad, 600nits at default gamer setting is still good enough for a very good HDR experience in a dark or dim room. Plus since it's WOLeD panel it will have the wash out effect when it gets higher as I see on LG TVs when they go above 750nits the colors look washed out because there is just too much white light coming through

Soldato
OP
It seems both LG and Samsung are super happy with the sales of their OLED monitors and panels and are planning a wide range of new models to fill out the market and many of them pack super impressive specs.

TFT central have leaked Samsung and LG new panels, all of these panels are set to go into production by the end of 2024 so it will be 2 years before you see a monitor for sale with the more extreme panels below and more the milder speced panels you can see them later this year.

First up is a refresh of Samsung currently only QD OLED panel they make. The Alienware and others using the 3440x1440 panel can expect a bump up to 240hz with a new panel refresh coming this year. Samsung is also going to bring out a 2560x1440p 27 inch 240hz option to compete with LG.

For 2024 Samsung is going to bring out some big boy toys: 27inch 1440p with 360hz, 32 inch 4K with 240hz and 27inch 4k with 240hz.

LG is going to bring out new ultra wides at 35, 39 and 45 inches with 240hz refresh rate. In 2024 LG is going to also bring out a 32 inch 4K monitor that can output both 4k 240hz and 1080p 480hz. They also planning a 27inch 4k 240hz and a 27inch 1440p 480hz (most of these are in production at the end of next year). There is also brightness target increase with 2024 panels targeting 1300nits peaks and 275nits at 100% white screen.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thinking about going back to 16:9 from the AW3423DW, but my main concern is with brightness as I've heard this is low?

Saying that, I only use the AW at 52% brightness.
I'm assuming the LG should be plenty bright enough then??

Yeah the LG should get bright enough for desktop use. I use my AW on 23% brightness for work and 30% for sdr gaming

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom