LG 27GR95QE (worlds first OLED 240hz 2560x1440p) launches 28 December

Soldato
So its hitting 1000 Nits peak brightness in HDR. There goes one of the biggest worries many had about the screen. Now we just need a UK pre order and shipping date.

Associate
I'll be waiting for in depth reviews from the likes of Hardware Unboxed etc, not sure I agree about the dislike for the matt coating, I don't wanna stare at myself when I'm on my PC :) My LG TV I managed to angle it down slightly to avoid glare from the window behind the sofa and that works great, but you can't do that when sitting 80cm away from the monitor.

Last edited:
Associate
My concern with this monitor is the oled vrr raised blacks. 240 frames is a lot to push, and demanding games running at around 130 fps will have noticeable near black raise. I wonder if that is why the guy in the video above was pointing out some poor near black performance in shadows: playing a game at half native hz with vrr on will give that result.

Last edited:
Associate
From what I see in the reviewx, the matte likely won't be much of an issue personally. And my room is dimmed. I'll be buying it immediately once Netherlands has them in stock!

Knowing Asus, they have the reliability of a goat. They say Q1? They probably meant Q1 2024. They always take way too long to release the cool tech.
HDR is useless to me as I don't have any HDR content nor do I plan to use. 240Hz is indeed a lot to push but it supports 1440p60 according to the manual. Perfect for my 1080Ti.

-edit-
Just heard his complaints about the matte and ****, I guess I have to try the monitor. If not good, it will be returned. Seriously LG, can't you just get things right for once?!
Glossy OLED tvs have the best picture but when it comes to monitors, noooooo, make it matte....

Last edited:
Soldato
lol matte on an oled is an issue, it looks awful as stated in Dawid's review. Hey if you prefer a grid like film over you $1000 oled screen and don't care about image quality, then go for it.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
it's been confirmed this new LG 27 inch 240hz OLED panel in this monitor and some others, like the upcoming ones from Asus and Acer are also using the new MLA panels like the LG G3 TV

Soldato
This could have been perfect if it were gloss. Waited years for a 27 oled and the coating is a real kicker. If there is no alternative then I will just have to put up with it but yeah, come on LG. Some of us want deep blacks and vibrant colours on our 1k monitor.

Soldato
This could have been perfect if it were gloss. Waited years for a 27 oled and the coating is a real kicker. If there is no alternative then I will just have to put up with it but yeah, come on LG. Some of us want deep blacks and vibrant colours on our 1k monitor.
Used a gloss as work yesterday and it was horrible with all the major glare. The coating on this one seems the best of both worlds. It looks to be not full on matt just enough to stop the worst of the glare without killing the colours and brightness as much as full matt. Its a no win really, what ever the coating they use someone will complain its the wrong type.

I haz 4090!
Don
I don't mind the fact that it's matt, if I'm also using them all day at work I don't want reflections all over the place, but from the review above it seems like they've slapped a 2" coat on there :D

Soldato
Used a gloss as work yesterday and it was horrible with all the major glare. The coating on this one seems the best of both worlds. It looks to be not full on matt just enough to stop the worst of the glare without killing the colours and brightness as much as full matt. Its a no win really, what ever the coating they use someone will complain its the wrong type.

It’s a crazy idea but maybe they should offer both finishes…madness I know.

In an office environment that’s fine, that’s what a Matt finish is for. But most gamers play with the lights off anyway!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom