LG OLED 2023 Thread - A3, B3, C3, G3

Soldato
LG C3 Owner here. I'll be good for years

I've got a C9 that is now 5 years old. I can detect no burn in and it's a great TV. I am going to upgrade to a C3 soon™ and put the C9 in my bedroom.

My only criticism of the LG OLEDS is the magic remote. I hate it with a passion. You just have to look at it and the damn cursor pops up on the screen. When I get the C3 I may buy a different remote.

Soldato
I've got a C9 that is now 5 years old. I can detect no burn in and it's a great TV. I am going to upgrade to a C3 soon™ and put the C9 in my bedroom.

My only criticism of the LG OLEDS is the magic remote. I hate it with a passion. You just have to look at it and the damn cursor pops up on the screen. When I get the C3 I may buy a different remote.
Love my C9 and in no rush for a replacement.

You want this...

Universal Remote Control for All LG Smart TV LCD LED OLED UHD HDTV 3D 4K TVs AKB75095308 https://amzn.eu/d/iYvwGFJ

Soldato

You want this...

Universal Remote Control for All LG Smart TV LCD LED OLED UHD HDTV 3D 4K TVs AKB75095308 https://amzn.eu/d/iYvwGFJ

A good remote with PC programmability, renaming, put macros wherever you like, is a great thing to have in complex system

Power on and power off macros, direct input codes, delays, macros for each activity, all power on and all power off macro etc

Last edited:
Soldato

I had a 65" C9 and now a C3 65" Tbh I would stick with the C9 there is not a great difference....

Soldato

You want this...

Cheers, I'll look at that.

I had a 65" C9 and now a C3 65" Tbh I would stick with the C9 there is not a great difference....

My C9 is only 55" but I now want a 65" otherwise I wouldn't bother changing yet.

Soldato
Just popped in to say if anyone has the budget to jump up to the G3.

Do it!! That WLA panel is superb.

That extra brightness is worth every penny. Even though most of my viewing is done in darkroom conditions at night, I’ve started to notice I’m not blocking out the light durning the days!!

I honestly didn’t even notice it until the other half walked into the living room and asked did I want the blind pulled (verticals)

TV still in my custom Filmmaker mode set up for a dark room.

(Remote is still ****. Give me a smaller simplistic backlight metal remote!!)

Last edited:
Soldato

You want this...

Thanks for the recommendation. Cost me £4.50 and though it does feel cheap it just works and doesn't bring up that so damn annoying little piece of whatever at the slightest provocation.

Just popped in to say if anyone has the budget to jump up to the G3.

Do it!! That WLA panel is superb.

That extra brightness is worth every penny. Even though most of my viewing is done in darkroom conditions at night, I’ve started to notice I’m not blocking out the light durning the days!!

I honestly didn’t even notice it until the other half walked into the living room and asked did I want the blind pulled (verticals)

TV still in my custom Filmmaker mode set up for a dark room.

(Remote is still ****. Give me a smaller simplistic backlight metal remote!!)

I have been tempted to spend the extra on the G, though I'd have to buy a TV stand VESA mount as I don't have a wall to put it on. I did look into a Samsung QD OLED but 2 reasons stop me from getting one. Firstly I bought a Samsung 49" TV for my bedroom in 2017 and the one in there is actually the 3rd attempts as the first 2 had faults. I was probably just unlucky but 2 TV's that within a day of getting them both had picture issues. Secondly they don't have Dolby Vision for some reason. I know in isolation I wouldn't really notice, but I've had Dolby Vision for 5 years now and I don't want to give it up.

A Sony OLED has been ruled out as they only appear to have 2 HDMI 2.1's.

Yes the remote is terrible. But the Samsung TV in my bedroom, until I buy a new 65" OLED and replace it with my G9, came with 2 remotes. The main one I've used once or twice for whatever reason but I've used the smaller remote for, effectively, 100% of the time I've had it. It just works and is excellent.

PXL-20240421-071808975-RAW-01-COVER.jpg

Associate
i noticed the right side of my screen was cut off, i figured out it was the 'screen move' option enabled would shift my screen to the right.
i have to keep disabling and enabling it again to centre the screen.

i have it enabled as i am using the 42" as my monitor, anyone know of any work around for this?

Soldato
Does anyone use the 55” or 65” with ps5, how is it? I’m currntly using a samsung js9000 from 2016 which has bad light bleed and black blobs down both sides so its a low bar to upgrade from.

Associate
Does anyone use the 55” or 65” with ps5, how is it? I’m currntly using a samsung js9000 from 2016 which has bad light bleed and black blobs down both sides so its a low bar to upgrade from.
Not an Exact answer, but I used the 55 CX when the PS5 was in the living room. It was fantastic. No issues whatsoever.
PS5 has since moved upstairs and is on a 48" C3. Equally as good. Its a great experience.

Soldato
Not an Exact answer, but I used the 55 CX when the PS5 was in the living room. It was fantastic. No issues whatsoever.
PS5 has since moved upstairs and is on a 48" C3. Equally as good. Its a great experience.

I've just seen that you can get the G2 65" for £1299 on expensive sounds. Now that is tempting..

Back
Top Bottom