LG OLED 2023 Thread - A3, B3, C3, G3

Soldato
So I finally got round to using my TV properly after 5 weeks of having it.

I watched Blade Runner 2049 and Avatar (first one) and was genuinely blown away by how good it looks.

I've seen Avatar a few times but it was like watching a whole new movie.

I was really annoyed at having to return 2 Hisense TVs but I'm glad they were naff now.

Caporegime
We're looking a 77inch TV and was pretty set on getting a G3 when the appropriate deal pops up but some people have said the brightness can be too much for a dimmed room (realistically I'll have the blackouts down 90% of the time for it).
Wasting money going for it over the C3 if not making use of the brightness in a room that may battle with daylight/reflections? At an extra £1K seems hard to justify if not benefitting from the main feature (also readdimming it/contrast can muddle colours)

Soldato
Brightness doesnt mean the screen blinds you, the G3 will pop more especially on HDR. In SDR you probably wont notice much difference between the two. Only you can determine if the price difference is worth it really.

Over on AVforums they are sharing blue light discounts and getting 30% of these things.

Last edited:
Caporegime
The model I’ve got is a few years old and some scenes can be blinding, especially when it transitions from something dark to a really bright snow scene or something.

As always, people will be affected in different ways as some are more sensitive to bright light than others.

Caporegime
Brightness doesnt mean the screen blinds you, the G3 will pop more especially on HDR. In SDR you probably wont notice much difference between the two. Only you can determine if the price difference is worth it really.

Over on AVforums they are sharing blue light discounts and getting 30% of these things.

If only LG.com actually shipped to non-mainland :(

Another fun outcome of the disastrous brexit

EDIT: Anyone know if any retailers price match inclusive of discount codes like bluelight/student discount?

Last edited:
Soldato
Purchased the G3 65 yesterday and have it installed. It replaced my C8 which now has burn in in multiple places. Every corner, YouTube/Netflix and uneven wear.

Picked up the G3 as it has the 5year panel warranty and MLA screen. The B/C line didn’t seem a worthwhile upgrade since I already was used to an Oled. I also couldn’t go up in size, no room.

I was very apprehensive of getting another Oled but just couldn’t jump to any other tech and loose those inky blacks and put up with the other quirks LED have. Got it for just over £1900 if you include points, cashback and after using the discount code. So that’s roughly £380 per year worry free viewing. I really wanted the Sony but I couldn’t get past LG premium panel warranty.

So far extremely happy with my purchase. I can certainly notice the brightness difference. The build quality is vastly better than the C8. I much prefer the slightly thicker all over TV than the paper thin C8 for 70% then a fat lump with at the bottom.

The WEB os advertisements and all the quick link buttons on the remote control is a bit meh. Also plastic!!

Haven’t gamed on it yet but I’m sure that will be quite the upgrade from the C8 also.

Last edited:
Soldato
Normally have a massive case of buyers remorse around now but nope.

The G3 is incredible. I haven’t came out of the filmmaker mode since I installed it. The brightness is incredible. I have to double check sometimes to make sure I haven’t selected a different preset.

Starting to notice a lot more detail in dark scenes and there’s a lot more depth to the picture than my previous set.

Is there such thing as a break in period for Oleds? I seem to remember that my old set got better after around a month or so. Dunno if that was just me getting used to an OLed or hearing someone mentioning it then getting a placebo effect!!

Associate
Normally have a massive case of buyers remorse around now but nope.

The G3 is incredible. I haven’t came out of the filmmaker mode since I installed it. The brightness is incredible. I have to double check sometimes to make sure I haven’t selected a different preset.

Starting to notice a lot more detail in dark scenes and there’s a lot more depth to the picture than my previous set.

Is there such thing as a break in period for Oleds? I seem to remember that my old set got better after around a month or so. Dunno if that was just me getting used to an OLed or hearing someone mentioning it then getting a placebo effect!!

Nice one! I just bought a G3 myself, haven't installed it yet but can't wait. I've had many lg oleds in the past including the wallpaper oled when it came out (the W7, was the first one in the UK to get one :p), gx, now G3.

There is a bit, as you may see vertical banding more present out of the box which should go away with about 10hrs use.

Soldato
Took the latest software update on an LG 65 C2 and now Plex has no audio, anyone know how to fix?

Definitely audio working on my phone so it's not Plex

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom