Got the memory arrive!

Corsair Dominator Titanium

JdtvAoW.jpg

Nr3yNUG.jpg

BdU0zxq.jpg

KBwDtzx.jpg

Associate
OP
was a logn day yesterday pipe bending was going ok i got into a groove then hit 1 bend that was impossible CPU<>DIstro block but it was a awakard route i wasted about 4 pipes testing different designs still of which im not 100% on the last one i figured out. Ran out of pipes got more coming today with Amazon.

I didnt want to use any fittings but im going to need to got the GPU as very sharp 90 required and also 1 fitting for the distro plate as anothe pipe covers the inlet so need to sharp 90 that also. Doesnt look to bad, i had some left over fittings from the old Doom build so sprayed these black.

The photos here arent the finsh design, the clear pipes are just me testing with some left overs i had.

I also noticed i ordered the wrong Lian Li Strimmer cable for the GPU so have ordered a replacment!

I waster blocked the GPU which was fairly easy but in the process i snapped off the fan connector on the old housing on the RTX 3080 fan, but thats not required anymore :cry:

pFAR7an.jpg

BjXvJjA.jpg

U9k4hRC.jpg

PKOqmZY.jpg

Cc6lpO3.jpg

ScSOwXz.jpg

EbyxwdL.jpg

Lp9HEp4.jpg

OwkQAjt.jpg

hy8Yw8u.jpg

9HMXRje.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Had abit more time this weekend todo more of the pipe work, I got stuck on one particular bend which wasted about 3 boxes of pipe! :mad:

Got there in the end though, hopefully can get it filled this week.

SHCt4nQ.jpg

MWUK3mD.jpg

VV1cJTa.jpg

wO9KnF3.jpg

kMGBmwc.jpg

w4syihM.jpg

Associate
OP
so small updates, got a pressure tester for the pipe work to make sure no leaks and then this is the biggest kick in the balls

lian li stupidly decided that on their 140mm fans, not to make it compatible with the lian li hub thats sold in the UK. YOU HAVE TO order a different hub from china, so now i have to wait for that to turn up which will take 1-2 weeks.

For anyone intrested to control the 140mm fans you need this hub https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...der_detail.order_detail_item.4.377df19cINAQ6N

Not sold in the UK anywhere apart from included in the Triple 3 120mm pack which is £100 - SO WERID!

I'm travelling with work at moment but when im back hope to get fluid in it and boot it up!

Associate
OP
ok sorry for the delay!

The build is completed.

I tried shaving down the connector cable for the Lian Li LED GPU cable but it just didnt fit so i stuck with the stock black cable.

Filled the machine powered on and fine! - Only issue i have is an ongoing PCI gen5 speed issue with the T700 but they want a RMA on that.

I had to modify the case to fit in the EK DC pump was allot larger then i thought but manged to get it in

1qxnD5p.jpg

swMlCzf.jpg

KIQT4Yz.jpg

Co458pz.jpg

ImQ6jP2.jpg

y413g13.jpg

Co458pz.jpg

Associate
Lovely build.

As someone who's been running the EK O11 Distro with a bottom EK rad, I think you're missing a trick on your drain port: Have a look at putting one of the push drain valves in the side port on your lower rad, then you can have a short length of tubing to connect to that as a drain hose. Then you loosen the side port on the top rad to create an air filter, and let gravity do the work for you.

Here is the fitting I mean: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ek-w...que-drain-valve-satin-titanium-wc-a3n-ek.html

Draining from the distro plate has been a bit of a pain, because the drain port is higher than the bottom rad.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Lovely build.

As someone who's been running the EK O11 Distro with a bottom EK rad, I think you're missing a trick on your drain port: Have a look at putting one of the push drain valves in the side port on your lower rad, then you can have a short length of tubing to connect to that as a drain hose. Then you loosen the side port on the top rad to create an air filter, and let gravity do the work for you.

Here is the fitting I mean: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ek-w...que-drain-valve-satin-titanium-wc-a3n-ek.html

Draining from the distro plate has been a bit of a pain, because the drain port is higher than the bottom rad.
I was going to use the corsair pressure test pump to force air through the rig when draining that way i dont think it matters that its slightly higher up then the rad?

Soldato
Had to drain mine multiple times recently
Tried 6 different routes
On my gpu active backplate
In the end up
Using a 250ml syringe and 1m of 6mm aquarium tubing
And the leak tester worked great
Shove the tubing into the distro till reaches very bottom
Suck coolant out with syringe
Pump up the leak tester
Releasing the pressure (if it has a release button)
Or quickly Unscrewing it actually vacuumed coolant out of
The blocks and radiators back into the distro
Then sucked it out with syringe

All because my drain port is at the rear
Of the case
And getting to it is awkward
Especially as I did it 6 times in succession
Plus always some coolant left in blocks
And bottom radiator
So yeah using the leak tester to remove coolant
Can actually work
I initially expected to push the coolant with it
But turned out sucking/vacuum removal worked great

Associate
OP
so the T700 4TB PCI 5.0 drive has been RMA'd.

Im not the only one, massive thread on MSI forums same issue that the drive just will not be stable in PCI5 mode. Runs fine in GEN4 mode. Someone posted the 1st wave was engineering samples but who knows.

will report back soon.

Soldato
so the T700 4TB PCI 5.0 drive has been RMA'd.

Im not the only one, massive thread on MSI forums same issue that the drive just will not be stable in PCI5 mode. Runs fine in GEN4 mode. Someone posted the 1st wave was engineering samples but who knows.

will report back soon.
My 1TB failed a couple of weeks ago. Was causing the system to hang, undetectable. I didn't try reverting to GEN 4.0, I just backed it to Crucial.

Back
Top Bottom