Lian Li 011 EVO XL HALF LIFE BUILD

Associate
Right!

its that magical time again to start a new build - This time around i'm going for the Lian Li 011 EVO XL with a half life theme (orange/black scheme)

So far Parts will be

LG Electronics UltraGear Gaming Monitor 32GQ950-B
Ryzen 7950X
Rog Hero AM5 Motherboard
T700 4TB NVMe
Corsair Xc7 RGB LCD CPU Block
HX1500i PSU
Corsair QX140 RGB 140mm Fans
Custom loop using Hydro X Series XT Hardline 14mm Tubing

Parts im still thinking about is

EK Water Blocks EK-Quantum Surface P420M Triple Fan Radiator Black, this give around 44mm of depth coupled with the fans 25mm depth giving a total 69mm im not sure if that thickness is too skinny for the base of the chasis as its quite large. Shown in red in the photo

I like the look of lots of pipes this build is inspiring my design. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZTDTu8s9n0

Items will trickle through as i purchase and select

0O7CFc1.jpg

wXWuema.jpg

cXvr6JK.jpg

e4gugtb.jpg

yibQWNO.jpg

Associate
OP
Small update

ordered the below so hopefully they will arrive soon.

I went for the P420M based on its 44mm height profile, i thought the X version at 58mm might be too deep, we'll see. If i dont like it i'll swap over and get 2 x.

EK Water Blocks EK-Quantum Surface P420M Triple Fan Radiator
EK Water Blocks EK-Mana G2 PC-O11D EVO DDC D-RGB Distro Plate

Associate
OP
Some new toys arrived today....

for the rad the EK Water Blocks EK-Quantum Surface P420M Triple Fan Radiator is 44mm and too small in height for the bottom so going to use this at the top then order the EK Water Blocks EK-Quantum Surface X420M Triple Fan Radiator @ 58mm for the bottom :)

GXja4Bg.jpg

Wh6BYWh.jpg

rhoshdh.jpg

JmRvTdl.jpg

UJJueK0.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
ok so i think im going to swap out the DDc 4.2 pump that comes with the plate to a D5 this way i can rely on the silent and water cooled pump.

more parts on order :D

Last edited:

img

img

Associate
looks like its going to be a beacon of RGB. Its impressive seeing how much bigger it is from first picture.
The link though looks like they are never getting those bubbles out of the water and how the hell do their drain it

Last edited:
Associate
OP
As mario would say.... HERE WE GOOOOOOooooooooooo

Install some components, intresting the PSU sits directly behind the CPU

5AYBF0L.jpg

NscHqPe.jpg

3y9FNDL.jpg

15zP6N3.jpg

3NXosmq.jpg

mUErqoI.jpg

BUnkLkG.jpg

5UIoSA5.jpg

UJRnVOC.jpg

u1bw7Wn.jpg

zvutZIT.jpg

ZLVVfGs.jpg

1VvprlD.jpg

wK5B5ck.jpg

Th0tmhE.jpg

I ordered the satin version of the 14mm tubing much prefere it over the clear.

Associate
OP
looks like its going to be a beacon of RGB. Its impressive seeing how much bigger it is from first picture.
The link though looks like they are never getting those bubbles out of the water and how the hell do their drain it

Can you expand on the bubble comment?

I'm not a fan of RGB so will turn most off, however its a Half Life themed PC so orange and black

img

img

Associate
the youtube link felt like it spend 10 minutes just showing how much air was in all components and due to the placement couldn't fill it up enough.

Associate
OP
So on the EK Rads they come in this light grey end caps, which didnt suit the black/orange combo i was looking for so i decided to spray them matt black with some HOLST SIMP17 Spray Paint, 500ml Black from Amazon.

The finish came out really nice and its adhered to the metal lovley.
0Ibhqtj.jpg

PRZcr0g.jpg

YQVK9iB.jpg

Naq6dZh.jpg

XHRUuPA.jpg

mb2hNgK.jpg

I had to cut the mounting fram to make the EK G2 Manga plat fit properly, the pump got in the way

iDF9fnL.jpg

ENZpnvG.jpg

MyW2rnW.jpg

Case coming together

cWDP0g3.jpg

qQQMavu.jpg

jGPcOTq.jpg

mz983im.jpg

Ke58m7J.jpg

91YZ1UR.jpg

QKKCoh3.jpg

Associate
OP
Looks good!

thanks

I have been looking around at the RTX 4080 and 4090, im currently rocking a 3080 FE

After much thought and going through all the benchmarks and reviews, it just doesnt seem worth it to get a 4090 at the moment, specially if the 4080 Super or refresh is around the corner.

So for now i'll waterblock my current 3080 and put it into my new system, keeping an eye on the GPU market to see what comes out in early 2024

On route is a Corsair Hydro X Series XG7 RGB 30-SERIES FOUNDERS EDITION GPU Water Block (3080) - Fits NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ (3080)

Soldato
thanks

I have been looking around at the RTX 4080 and 4090, im currently rocking a 3080 FE

After much thought and going through all the benchmarks and reviews, it just doesnt seem worth it to get a 4090 at the moment, specially if the 4080 Super or refresh is around the corner.

So for now i'll waterblock my current 3080 and put it into my new system, keeping an eye on the GPU market to see what comes out in early 2024

On route is a Corsair Hydro X Series XG7 RGB 30-SERIES FOUNDERS EDITION GPU Water Block (3080) - Fits NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ (3080)

Yup the 4080 super would be a good upgrade but honestly depends on the price it releases at and whether they drop the price massively on the 4080. If they do, i could see more people buying the 4080 rather than the super especially if it comes in at under sub 1k for the 4080, even better if its sub 900 and plonk the 4080 super at 1200. Ofc that means there's gonna be a lot of annoyed 4080 owners!

Interesting choice of waterblock for the FE card, i would have personally gone for the EKWB FE block as it looks amazing and i think can be had on the used market too now for relatively cheap. The Heatkiller block would be the other option but im biased on that lol.

Associate
OP
Yup the 4080 super would be a good upgrade but honestly depends on the price it releases at and whether they drop the price massively on the 4080. If they do, i could see more people buying the 4080 rather than the super especially if it comes in at under sub 1k for the 4080, even better if its sub 900 and plonk the 4080 super at 1200. Ofc that means there's gonna be a lot of annoyed 4080 owners!

Interesting choice of waterblock for the FE card, i would have personally gone for the EKWB FE block as it looks amazing and i think can be had on the used market too now for relatively cheap. The Heatkiller block would be the other option but im biased on that lol.

I didnt want to invest a bunch into a EK block and then throw it in the bin in a few months, the Corsair 3080 block most likely will be a temporary measure untill new 4xxx series cards hit the market.

It will be normal mounting for the GPU block, im not too into the RGB EVERYWHERE :o

Soldato
I didnt want to invest a bunch into a EK block and then throw it in the bin in a few months, the Corsair 3080 block most likely will be a temporary measure untill new 4xxx series cards hit the market.

It will be normal mounting for the GPU block, im not too into the RGB EVERYWHERE :o

I get more excited about a zero rgb build now, some blacked out stealthy looking build looks so classy imo.

Back
Top Bottom