Lian Li O11 Air Mini

Associate
Amazing thanks mate, looks like with the feet being around 3cm wide it would drop onto my sim shelf ok but bit sketchy. Thinking of getting it anyway and going for a mod to the sim shelf as I love the case too much!

Associate
If the Slim Shelf don't work out with the case, Always buy wider planks of say PINE OR OAK
Wood DIY store or Timber cutter merchant & buy if needed longer bracket or Rail system brackets

Associate
Any thoughts on best cooling setup in the Air Mini?

240 side mount aio or 280 front? Will be running atx board so would need spacers for running top mount but also an option…

Associate
Any thoughts on best cooling setup in the Air Mini?

240 side mount aio or 280 front? Will be running atx board so would need spacers for running top mount but also an option…

For a great price & one of the best Performance in cooling / quiet 'Arctic LIQUID FREEZER II HIGH PERFORMANCE CPU WATER COOLER - 240MM'

Beats a lot of 360s Rads in cooling , Due to 60mm thick Rad & Quality Pump inner

I got one on the Shelf not used yet, Due to being too thick to fit in the ITX Case

Associate
Can this case fit three 280mm radiators?

I know it can fit 2, one front and one at top, but only likely with an ITX or mATX board. I'd be surprised if you could get one in the bottom as well.

Possibly could fit a 240 side too as well as two 280s?...

Associate
Decided to give the case another chance, after the Torrent's front fans developed slightly clipping regardless of rpm, same issue with bottom fans.
Long story short, was trying to avoid watercooling, as my GPU, supposedly, only have one waterblock available which I didn't like.
Noctua NH15-S + 4 x NF-A 14 Chromax + 6 x NF-F12 Chromax. Yes, loads of money on fans, but still cheaper than the custom loop, minimal maintenance and less likely to give issues.
Fans at 40% across the board, room temperature of 21C, 3DMark, various test, maximum CPU temperature was 72C. The CPU is a 12700K, motherboard MSI Z690 Tomahawk DDR4, all stock. The Sapphire RX 6800XT Pulse, also stock, maximum 67C.
Pretty impressed, as the system is pretty quiet, temps are fine.
Quite sure playing a bit with voltages may improves things further, but that was my worst case scenario, as I usually cap FPS at some point, and the CPU won't be pushed as far as the CPU test did.
One thing I notice was regarding the HDD cage. The previous O11 Air mini I got, which had the defective USB-C cable, the cage was secured by screws. Now it uses rivets.
The only criticism I have about the case, is the lack of modular covers for the side intake. Removing the supplied covers and installing 2 x 120mm fans, the gaps at the bottom and top of the fans affect some potential performance, but worst for me, visually would be nice if no gaps were visible. Can "fix" it modding the supplied covers, but I don't intend to chop anything yet.

Associate

For some odd reason the O11 Air Mini shipped had the old panels. Lian Li shipped the new ones which should arrive by the end of the week.
Also, the case and the box/package had some fine red-ish dust.

Associate
Hi all, trying to establish if the latest revision of this case has the hard drive cage attached with screws or rivets, how many have theirs attached with screws? Thanks

@Drumroll it seems your latest one had rivets but also had the wrong side panels? Do you think you got an older revision?

Associate
Hi all, trying to establish if the latest revision of this case has the hard drive cage attached with screws or rivets, how many have theirs attached with screws? Thanks

@Drumroll it seems your latest one had rivets but also had the wrong side panels? Do you think you got an older revision?
Tried 2 different versions. First one was attached by screws but had the old panels.
Last version had the rivets and old panels.
As mentioned, the whole case and packaging had a fine red dust. Contacted Lian Li and received the 3 panels revised. Clearly the panels on the riveted case were old revision.
The new panels are more in line with the optional front mesh of the Evo.
The surprise is because the second case was ordered not long ago, and I assumed it would be a new stock, as Overclockers had it as preorder. So I was, naturally, expecting a new stock arrival to be the new/correct panels.
Took about 4 weeks to receive the replacement panels, but the airflow is night and day.
It’s worth checking, by naked eye, you should see the wholes bigger than the metal between them.

Associate
Tried 2 different versions. First one was attached by screws but had the old panels.
Last version had the rivets and old panels.
As mentioned, the whole case and packaging had a fine red dust. Contacted Lian Li and received the 3 panels revised. Clearly the panels on the riveted case were old revision.
The new panels are more in line with the optional front mesh of the Evo.
The surprise is because the second case was ordered not long ago, and I assumed it would be a new stock, as Overclockers had it as preorder. So I was, naturally, expecting a new stock arrival to be the new/correct panels.
Took about 4 weeks to receive the replacement panels, but the airflow is night and day.
It’s worth checking, by naked eye, you should see the wholes bigger than the metal between them.
Thanks for clarifying, I’m just trying to establish if the hdd cage screwed in is the latest revision with the new panels. I would presume it is as you would think using rivets would be a backwards step.

I had a white air mini delivered yesterday which had the new panels as far as I could tell but the drive cage was riveted in so have RMA’d with OCUK to try and get one with screws.

Soldato
Can somebody here who's got one of these cases let me know what it is exactly that stops you from using a 360 radiator in the roof? I've seen a video with that chap "Leo" and he intimated that a 360 rad "could" be fitted? is it the overall dimensions of the chassis or is there something that intrudes into the space required? (that maybe could be removed with a dremel?)

Soldato
Air mini case users, I'm looking to change to this case from a lancool 215, however I have a EK 280 AIO in the roof, and would like to keep it in the roof, can I do this with a ATX board?

I don't want to fit it too the front as it will make the temps bad for my 3070ti FE

Associate
The AIO almost certainly will interfere with the VRM heatsink. 240 AIO is fine.
The best position for the 280 would be at the front, but depending on your GPU the tubing run will be a pain.
I liked the O11 Air mini a lot, but for aircooling.
For anyone willing to spend a bit more and have a bit more space, the O11 EVO is easier to work with and give good choices either air or watercooling (or AIO).
Even aircooling, things can get cramped easily. Using an ATX motherboard, the clearance on top of the motherboard is roughly 25mm.
Either you use the AIO at the front, or use a micro-ATX motherboard.
I don't think the offset brackets mentioned on reviews would help either.

Soldato
Air mini case users, I'm looking to change to this case from a lancool 215, however I have a EK 280 AIO in the roof, and would like to keep it in the roof, can I do this with a ATX board?

I don't want to fit it too the front as it will make the temps bad for my 3070ti FE
Yes, but you will need the offset brackets and then only if you have sufficiently low profile memory as the rad is going to overlap the upper part of the dims, most RGB ram for example will be too tall. Also having built systems both ways with varying levels of hardware I would say that your 3070Ti temps won't be 'bad' ...they just may not be quite as good, what I've found to be typical with a front mounted AIO configuration is that your GPU temperatures will go up a few degrees and your CPU will go down under load scenarios, where as if you have the rad at the top it's the other way around but it's not extreme, it's just a few degrees one way or the other. There may be some examples where a greater difference is seen that someone could dig up but really it's just a case (see what I did there :D ) of moving a bit of heat around, the aggregate will be the same. I don't think a 3070Ti is dumping enough heat into a case this will ventilated all round to worry about it, if we were talking about a 3090Ti or whatever crazy 600w part might be coming in the 4000 series ...then 'maybe' it might be more of a factor.

Soldato
Hello, I'm after some advice.

I have this case and finished the build, however I have some fitment issues that I'm hoping you lovely lot could help me with.
So I have the following components
Asus B550 Strix-F
Ryzen 5800x (running HOT even after -27 curve optimizer)
Rtx 3080 trinity
EK 280 aio
Bequiet lightwings 140's (120's on way also for side and rear)

Now my issue is the front mounted aio is very close to my 3080 which isn't helping keeping it cool, the other issues is it stops me adding another 140 in the roof and floor.
I THINK the solution is too down size the 280 to a 240 and mount that 240 to the side, but what I don't know is, if that will still block the dual 140's in the roof and floor?

Can anyone confirm this before I look at 240 coolers please.
Also, I'm trying to set up fan speeds, not having a good time doing it in bios, can anyone recommend a HUB or something that I can set all fans to 1000-12000 fixed please

Many thanks

Back
Top Bottom