Lian Li O11 EVO

Associate
my case arrived today, but only just read that the arctic freezer ii backplate for the lga 1700 aio might stop the motherboard from seating properly. does anybody know if they changed the case design from earlier in the year or has anybody managed to fit one ok?

Associate
I posted a photo regarding the issue before.
They’ve changed few things, as I bought one Evo when it as released, and one few weeks ago.
The issue still affecting both MSI boards I’ve tried. My previous Tomahawk and the Edge. You can solve that trimming just a bit of the retention bracket, which won’t affect the mounting and can easily be bought a replacement if needed later.
The EK fits fine and at 60% or around that pump rpm is inaudible inside a case.

Associate
I posted a photo regarding the issue before.
They’ve changed few things, as I bought one Evo when it as released, and one few weeks ago.
The issue still affecting both MSI boards I’ve tried. My previous Tomahawk and the Edge. You can solve that trimming just a bit of the retention bracket, which won’t affect the mounting and can easily be bought a replacement if needed later.
The EK fits fine and at 60% or around that pump rpm is inaudible inside a case.

the lga 1700 backplate with the asus rog strix board was too high so swapped it with the lga 1200 backplate and it fits flush and i could screw in all the standoffs. seems to work fine and the cpu temps are good. just realised ive put the 3 back 120mm fans on the wrong side of the bracket will sort that tomorrow and post a picture of the case.

esK1wtw.jpg

its a bit darker tint than i expected, the picture makes the fans look brighter than they are. probably swap the fans and tidy the wires after christmas when ive some more cash.

Last edited:
Soldato
Long shot but has anyone mounted a Suprim X 4090 normally in this case and if so, do you know if the cable mod cable fits.
Doesn't make much difference because I've ordered one regardless but will be interesting to see.

Soldato
Long shot but has anyone mounted a Suprim X 4090 normally in this case and if so, do you know if the cable mod cable fits.
Doesn't make much difference because I've ordered one regardless but will be interesting to see.
Might have received it by now.... but it should fit but will need thinner aftermarket power cable according to lian li

Soldato
Might have received it by now.... but it should fit but will need thinner aftermarket power cable according to lian li

Thanks. The adaptor and the cable mod fit but it is squished a little bit against the glass.

I have ordered a vertical mount so the cable will sit on top and there will be no bend.

Soldato
Thanks. The adaptor and the cable mod fit but it is squished a little bit against the glass.

I have ordered a vertical mount so the cable will sit on top and there will be no bend.
So we need to add another person to the 'waiting on the right angle adapter from cable mod' list then lol. Why nvidia couldn't have 'cut out' a path and rotated the socket to face 'down' I have no idea... would have made life so much easier.

Are you sure there will be no bend, I know it won't hit the glass but surely it's got to bend to round the back of the motherboard....

Associate
If going with vertical mount, specially for those thick GPUs, I can recommend the new Cooler Master bracket. Being able to adjust how close or far from the motherboard and the lack of any obstructions (not even mesh) under the bracket, makes it a very clean option. The purple bit of the cable won’t be visible, anyway.

Soldato
So we need to add another person to the 'waiting on the right angle adapter from cable mod' list then lol. Why nvidia couldn't have 'cut out' a path and rotated the socket to face 'down' I have no idea... would have made life so much easier.

Are you sure there will be no bend, I know it won't hit the glass but surely it's got to bend to round the back of the motherboard....

Sorry I meant The included spider adaptor that came with the GPU fit in normal orientation but was pressed against the glass quite badly.

I am 100% positive there will be no issues with the cable and the bracket due to where I shall be feeding it through. Cable mod instructions say it's fine to bend after about 3.5 cm away from the connector. It's absolutely fine to have the cable bend, just not right where the connector is.

If going with vertical mount, specially for those thick GPUs, I can recommend the new Cooler Master bracket. Being able to adjust how close or far from the motherboard and the lack of any obstructions (not even mesh) under the bracket, makes it a very clean option. The purple bit of the cable won’t be visible, anyway.

My only worry there is I know the O11D Evo mount will fit perfectly. Not sure about generic ones. Though they are OOS everywhere so I got time to research.

Edit: After looking I realised these are pretty generic things, CM one looks the best out of all of them feature wise so may take a punt on it.

Thought about trying upright but it won't fit according to the link above. I have ordered the CM one as I can get it Tuesday and the Lian-Li one was on pre-order from here. Thanks for the tip @Drumroll

Last edited:
Associate
Personally I had the Lian Li before and replaced it with the CM one. My main issue was aesthetically, as I wasn’t a fan of the bottom metal showing past the GPU. Also, the CM allows you to adjust as close or far from the motherboard or the side panel as required.
Just take your time and maybe an extra pair of hands when installing it.

Associate
the lga 1700 backplate with the asus rog strix board was too high so swapped it with the lga 1200 backplate and it fits flush and i could screw in all the standoffs. seems to work fine and the cpu temps are good. just realised ive put the 3 back 120mm fans on the wrong side of the bracket will sort that tomorrow and post a picture of the case.

esK1wtw.jpg

its a bit darker tint than i expected, the picture makes the fans look brighter than they are. probably swap the fans and tidy the wires after christmas when ive some more cash.
Who's the sexy girl? :cry:

Soldato
I'm putting together an AMD 7x and 4090 build at the moment and would like to vertically mount the GPU using this bracket. I am a little out of touch with the latest tech but see that the card and mobo I plan to get both use PCIe 5,yet the riser with the CM bracket is PCIe 4. Is this going to be much of an issue?

I have had a quick look around, and some people say the performance drop will barely be noticeable, others suggest that the 5 riser will come along, eventually so not to worry.

Any thoughts?

Soldato
I'm putting together an AMD 7x and 4090 build at the moment and would like to vertically mount the GPU using this bracket. I am a little out of touch with the latest tech but see that the card and mobo I plan to get both use PCIe 5,yet the riser with the CM bracket is PCIe 4. Is this going to be much of an issue?

I have had a quick look around, and some people say the performance drop will barely be noticeable, others suggest that the 5 riser will come along, eventually so not to worry.

Any thoughts?

neither of the current gen cards are PCIe 5 probably will for next gen even than probably wont see much difference between them, either just install the gpu normally or use gen 4 riser and see where we are at when cards that use gen 5 are out

Last edited:
Soldato
neither of the current gen cards are PCIe 5 probably will for next gen even than probably wont see much difference between them, either just install the gpu normally or use gen 4 riser and see where we are at when cards that use gen 5 are out
Ahh, my bad. Thanks for clearing that up.

Associate
As a new buyer of the case, the cable management in the back is legendary :D - Cant wait to get my replacement 7900XTX so I can get the watercooling looking respectable and tidy the rest up :( !

Vza4ZYq.jpg

cXGJp9U.jpg

Associate
what is the best gpu vertical bracket for lian li 011d evo at the moment?
I like the Coolermaster V3. No metal blocking air from bottom fans to the GPU, no metal showing under the GPU. You can adjust as required, and till mmm will be usable for pretty much any future case you may come to use.

Associate
are you talking about this one.

61pKa21qxbL._AC_SX450_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom